Paging OnlyU

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

Our passing game is going to suffer without Kincaid. To make up for that we need a big game from Yassmin and possibly from Mclain. But, the real key is whether we have Vele back. Can you tell us if he is practicing or if he expect to be ready by the Rose Bowl?

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

We have Pac-12 depth.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I’m pretty sure Whitt said something about not expecting any more opt outs. The two sure fire draft picks – Kincaid and Phillips, said they won’t play but both really need rest and recovery for the draft.

Because of Phillips size he needs to run a big time 40 yard dash to be a first rounder. If he even just tweaked something that slowed him down for a few weeks of training it could cost him millions. And Kincaid theoretically might even miss the combine if things don’t go very well with his recovery so both those guys were no brainers to sit out.

Daniels/Vele aren’t top rounders so there wouldn’t be any reason not to play to improve draft status. Vele’s injury wasn’t too serious and he gave it a go in the CCG so I’d imagine he’ll do what he can do to be on the field. But I can’t really say anything about his health/practice right now.

It’s an exciting bowl game/destination against a big name team in front of millions of eyeballs. If you’re Vele there are many reasons to make sure you’re ready (including no Kincaid) so I’m hopeful he goes.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I have been worried about not having Kincaid, Kuithe, Thomas, and Phillips for the Rose Bowl.  Then, I thought – we barely had Kincaid for the CCG and even less of Vele AND we scored 47 points.

I gotta believe that Ludwig will have a game plan that will make our offense potent.  Of course, Penn State has a much better defense but they have a less potent offense than USC.  I suspect we will be okay offensively (I think Vele plays).  I hope we use Johnson in 4-6 plays.  Jackson and Bernard’s ability to run effectively may be the key to our victory.

Go Utes!!!

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

They’re a big loss for sure, but maybe that goes to our benefit. Whit and company have had a month of preparation for this game. Correct me if I am wrong; Utes are healthier this year than last going into the bowl game, add that with the returning experience. I more than like our chances for this game ..Penn state will be without some of their key starters as well and I think that evens the field . Plus I think we match up better with them then we did with the buckeyes

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Really comes down to Rising having a big game and Oline taking care of business. Kincaid is by far IMO the most impactful loss. Huge Yasmin fan, great story. Kincaid had four catches in the CCG that kept drives alive and got a lot of attention from USC when he was on the field. Utes need Yasmin to continue blocking and making the same type of big plays.

My Rose colored crystal ball from the couch says Rising, Vele and JJ have a HUGE Rose Bowl game along with Parks, Cope, Bernard, and of course JD doing their thing. Utes have plenty of fire power to catch the ball. Kendall probably gets a few catches. This group is very experienced playing in this game, big lights won’t be an issue. Ludwig’s been to this rodeo many times, not worried about the offense as long as there are no TOs.

Defense takes care of business. Shah has Vaughn to step in for Phillips, Savage to pick up Vaughn’s role. PSU is no where near the pass threat as tOSU. Vaki, Diabate, O’toole, Pepa, Sugutaraga (bad ass) are playing very good football along with all the usual defensive crew.

Counting on Bernard to break his one fumble a game streak with a zero. Utes play the usual wear the opponent down game plan and take control in the 2nd half.

Uphoric
        Ute Fan
        @uphoric

I think it’s even more simple. . .  Utes stop Penn St.’s run game, they win.   The offense takes care of business and the game could be like the CCG.  

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Paging OnlyU