AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Rumors abound about Rising getting the start Saturday night 

Any insight? 

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

Where have you seen this rumor?  I’ve definitely not seen that, and I feel moderately plugged in….

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

For some reason, I can’t edit that comment.  When I say “plugged in”, I really just mean that I eat, drink, and sleep Utah football from Texas.  I have zero personal connections to anyone in the know.

I’m genuinely curious.  I’ve been on the Rising bus for a long time, but I’d still be surprised by a change this early.

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

(should’ve checked Twitter first, I guess…)

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Are you sure your not confusing this for the rumors that San Diego States starting QB is rumored to be out for the game on Saturday?

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

He heard it from Cesar Chavez.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Crazy…the play calling wasn’t Brewer’s fault. The poor O-Line play wasn’t Brewer’s fault. The lack of energy from the whole team (minus Bernard and the LB’s) wasn’t Brewer’s fault.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

I haven’t heard anything worth mentioning yet. That said, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Cam get a few series this week headed into league play.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

Wasn’t it the Aggies who gave Love the first series of the 3rd quarter in every game his backup year? I think they did something like that. I’d love to see Utah give Cam a glimpse like that just in preparation for next season.

crash11
      Ute Fan
      @kdunlavy

I heard it’s still Brewer, however the leash is much shorter now

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Why would this be the case? The loss to byu was not on Brewer.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

Rising is much more mobile so he can make up for poor oline play. If Brewer gets benched it will likely be to no fault of his own but oline not improving…

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Cams the future and Brewer is a rental .. I personal would like to see something different Saturday with the QB .. Cam has paid his dues and is invested .. with that being said, Brewer was the least of my concerns last Saturday .. coaching , O-line , defense , play calling and the apathy the team carried was more concerning.

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

I want to see whichever QB gives Utah the best chance to win games, NOW (not what makes the most sense for the future)!

Utah could have had John Elway in his prime in the NFL in Saturdays game against BYU and the outcome would have been the same.

There were / are FAR bigger problems in that game than the QB!

Issues in BYU game:
          1. VERY POOR game plan (on BOTH sides of the ball)!
          2. VERY POOR energy from the vast majority of the team!
          3. Inability / Pride to making changes in-game (very similar to stubbornness in 2019 USC game to go away from Man to Man Press coverage to zone)!

Utah thought they could just show up and win that game.

NONE of those things (likely) are any different if Rising is QB vs Brewer!

I believe Utah is still capable / talented enough (including Brewer at QB) to win the PAC12 South and the Conference Title game, but a lot of the issues seen in the first two games need to change starting this Saturday!

I have no inside knowledge or connections but believe that this will happen starting this Saturday vs SDSU.

GO UTES!

highlandute7
            Ute Fan
            @highlandute7

I agree with every point made here.

I will say, that although BYU was not anything that Brewer did or didn’t do, he still needs to play better and certainly needs to be a better leader. He was decent vs Weber (yes, lots of drops, etc) and hard to give him a grade vs BYU given all the other issues. But if he doesn’t show much improvement vs SDSU, I think we need to look hard at handing it off to Rising, especially if we lose our first 1-2 conference games. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Paging OnlyU paging OnlyU please report to Utehub stat