Penn St @ Minnesota shows inherent bias of CFB

Viewing 5 reply threads

Swoop Doggy Dogg
      Ute Fan
      @swoopdoggydogg

The fact that Minnesota is 8-0 and ranked #17 is quite telling. If they had Michigan or Nebraska on their jerseys they’d be a top five team with that record. People love what is familiar. Yeah, they have a poor SOS, but it will improve dramatically in the coming weeks. If they win this game and two of their next three, they could be the Big 10 selection in the Rose Bowl if Ohio State goes to the CFP. 

Granted, it’s s mall sample size, but I have to say that as a Utah fan, I wouldn’t be afraid to face either one of those teams. Penn State’s QB floats up some jump balls and turns the ball over and their defense is getting burned on the edges. 

Minnesota has given up 150 yards rushing in the first half. They would have trouble slowing down Moss and Utah could make them one demential on offense. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

also, its a flawed system when your preseason ranking factors into week 10 and beyond. Which is another reason why Minnesota isn’t ranked higher

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Did you look at Minn OOC? It makes Utah’s look tough.

Swoop Doggy Dogg
        Ute Fan
        @swoopdoggydogg

Minnesota’s SOS will improve this last month.

Also, Utah’s isn’t that bad. Yeah, the Utes don’t have top 25 wins, but overall the SOS is better than Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Baylor, and Clemson according to Sagarin. In the ballpark of LSU, Penn State, ND, and Michigan.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Very surprised (but happy) at this result.  Gophers had a weak OOC and barely won a few of them.

Utes and Ducks should move up, but Gophers will gain a lot of ground on us.  But never really know with this system.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Minnesota’s about to choke this game away. Dammit.

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Nope Gophers win!

Swoop Doggy Dogg
          Ute Fan
          @swoopdoggydogg

Happy for the Gophers. I love those scenes. Great win. How far do they jump in the polls? Ahead of Utah? 

Swoop Doggy Dogg
            Ute Fan
            @swoopdoggydogg

Now let’s hope our old freinds the Froggies will beat Baylor in OT. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Whew. 🙂

Even if Minnesota somehow jumps us (I don’t think they will), I don’t think there’s any way they win out and keep that ranking

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Another afraid post. We must have the most “afraid” fanbase on the planet.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Penn St @ Minnesota shows inherent bias of CFB