Perfect Storm

Viewing 3 reply threads

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

With Barnes being able to hold down the fort, it may allow Rising to more fully heal if he can sit out the Arizona game, and the Stanford game if necessary. At least 50% of Rising’s game is his running ability. I fully understand sitting him out of the Wazzu game if he had any reservations at all.

The home games against Arizona and Stanford may also allow Kincaid (hoping for the best), Bernard, and any other nagging injuries to heal up. It also allows Hubert to serve his suspension at an optimal time.

I love that Vele, Parks, and Dixon, are making some great catches and showing a lot of confidence in Barnes.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

At least half of his game is his running ability??? Are we talking about the Cam Rising that plays for the Utes?

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

I don’t think sitting for a month and then expecting Rising to play what will need to be one of his best games is a good idea. Just my thinking. I know nothing of playing at his level but I’ve noted that even little league kids I’ve coached needed a few games after sitting for a few weeks to play well.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

eh… he’s not playing in the actual games, but I think he’s perfectly fine throwing the ball around. The only thing he isn’t doing is running (as far as I understand it). I don’t think rust would be a huge problem in that case… Though if he is able to go earlier without risking aggravating the injury, he should go for sure.

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

It is hard to quantify Rising’s running vs rest of his game, but looking at his stats he has 308 yards total, with Thomas ahead of him with 414 yards and Glover behind with 229. Cam has 6 TDs and Thomas has 5, Glover 3. The 308 yards also helped get first downs, avoid sacks, and promote the offense down the field.

Cam has 15 TDs passing total, so yes hard to say his running is 50% of his game. You are correct.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Perfect Storm