Peyton Powell commits to Rutgers

Viewing 7 reply threads

uteman12
      Ute Fan
      @uteman12

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

This is exactly why I don’t get my hopes up about any recruit until they are on campus.  Hell, even then it isn’t a guarantee (looking at you, Jack).

3 1

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

Strange. He seems like the kind of kid that isn’t going to be happy anywhere….  Probably better off in the long run that he moved on.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I always read the replies and can’t help but shake my head. Why throw shade on the kid for choosing something else?  Good luck to him. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Meh, he was the QB recruit I was probably the least excited about. 

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

I would have preferred him over Bentley

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

They, mostly likely, will be playin in different years. Bentley is 2020 and has only one year of eligibility. Powell would have been 2021 — unless he gets a waiver, which is unlikely.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

“Powell originally announced in November that he intended to transfer to the University of Utah. Although he has the ability to be an impact player at wide receiver, UteZone of the 247Sports Network reported that at the time of Powell’s commitment, he wanted to find a program that would give him a fair shot at playing quarterback.”

He’s listed as athlete. Maybe he wasn’t even going to be used as a qb here. Best of luck to him.

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

Rutgers? Seriously- best of luck kid. 

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

To be fair, Rutgers just re-hired its ex-coach, Greg Schiano, who had a lot of success. Of course, who knows if Schiano will again help Rutgers reclaim its old glory days. That said, perhaps, with the new coaching staff there, Powell may see himself as the clear, potential #1 starter in 2021 — or 2020 if he gets a waiver.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Rutgers??!?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Peyton Powell commits to Rutgers