Pick Em Development Plan This Weekend

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I won’t be adding much to the front end (publicly visible part) of Pick Em this weekend. I’m going to start trying to tackle the logic of doing the weekly scoring. I’ve been writing some notes on how the process will work and, well, it’s complicated. I think each week an admin will have to setup and run a calculation script which will go through all the game results, calculate the winners (after the game scores have been entered of course), then compare the winners against each competitor’s picks. Each correct pick will be one point in the “win” column and each incorrect pick will be one point in the “loss” column. This is going to take quite a bit of work and I hope to have it ready by the time the first week’s games are all done.

Keep the suggestions coming (like the one to show the percentage of picks per team/game) and that. Cool stuff.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I haven’t kept my word. I’ve done some more front end stuff LOL.

I “think” I have it programmed now to actually lock out picks on the current active week when the clock strikes zero on the countdown.

I added a column to the weekly and season results tables for winning percentage.

The weekly calc stuff is going to be huge. I’m starting that…. now.

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

Keep up the good work, and let me know if you need help with anything.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Thanks very much for your contributions. You have my gratitude.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Pick Em Development Plan This Weekend