ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Looks like the Louisville AD is gone too. #moretocome

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Confirmed: Pitino and Jurich are out.

Florida will be the next domino to fall.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

It will be very interesting to see how far this eventually goes.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Crazy.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Crossing my fingers for Kentucky eventually. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

And U of Pay.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I am assuming the head coaches will go down as well. It is unbelievably naive to assume it was just contained to the assistant’s

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I curious to see if this affects football at all. Hard to think the same couldn’t happen in football. Although I suspect there is more apparel money in basketball mainly due to shoes.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

Football doesn’t really have anything comparable to the AAU system, but they do have those camps. With the amount of money involved, wouldn’t surprise me at all if there was a similar problem in football.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

This will happen anywhere there are wealthy apparel manufacturers, greedy agents, questionable coaches, and a pro league that pays well.

In other words, I guarantee this is happening in college football.

The question comes down to whether the FBI wants to go after the 800-pound gorilla. They just went after the 400-pounder.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Nike is getting involved now.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Holy crap…

Oregon’s been pretty good lately…

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

popcorn

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

They sure got long and very athletic all at once.  

Nothing suprises me or shocks me anymore. PSU covered up a coach molesting boys……So nothing can shock me anymore and generally rules will be broken. 

2 1

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

It also means that the Adidas dude flipped since he also worked for Nike before Adidas.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Miami is getting investigated.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

It’s not going to go much further than the FBI has already disclosed. When law enforcement says…this is just the tip of the iceberg and it will be better for you if you come to us than if we come to you, it’s code for we are all out of leads and we are hoping to parade the few that we have out to the public in hopes of spooking the next lead. It would be pure stupidity to announce the news and not have your investigation wrapped up as tight as possible.

As soon as you break the news. Everyone else that has ever done anything wrong is in line at Staples with a cart full of paper shredders, a new computer, and sim card.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Not when it involves wire taps. This is probably hitting the heavy hitters first while they establish cases for other Universities. 

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Why would you make the announcement? That’s not how criminal investigation works. They want to have the upper hand and not let suspects know that they are being investigated. If you are an FBI agent with a wire tape in place you don’t want to have every dude you have on tap go find an attorney and start establishing a defense before you have even charged them.

Yes, we know it’s much more wide spread but their case is only solid for the few that have been publicly announced. The rest are safe and they are hoping for them to panic and come blow the whistle on others for immunity. That’s how this game works.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.