Playoff rankings drop tonight…do Utes land in Top 25?

Viewing 3 reply threads

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

I think Utes debut in the rankings tonight – somewhere around 23-25.

Ducks probably move up a spot (Yogi Roth thinks they should jump 2 spots ahead of Alabama).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yogi is on crack then.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I tend to agree with you.  But, I admit I was shocked that Oregon was 4th last week.

So, the question is – who is worse – LSU or UW?  Oregon and Alabama had unimpressive wins last week.  At least, Oregon’s win was on the road and they had the game a bit more under control than Alabama.  It ticks me off that Bama always plays an OOC gimme game in mid-November; i.e. NMSU this Saturday.

To me, it’s Georgia and everyone else.  Georgia is so much better than any other team right now.  This season, we are not seeing the traditionally top teams dominating.  Alabama and OSU are not dominating and each has a loss.  Oklahoma is undefeated but has not played impressively.  They darn near lost to one of the worst teams in college football, Kansas.  Oregon has not played great IMO, but they have one quality OOC win and only one loss.

Who knows who the final four will be.

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

Alabama rushed for 6 YARDS vs. LSU!

All I know is I watched UCLA physically dominate LSU earlier in the year and one could make an argument that Alabama has been very pedestrian this year – much like Oregon has been. So when you’re left to grasp at straws to make sense of these rankings, I can see where and why Yogi is running with this very pro-PAC12 stance.

RedRocks
          Ute Fan
          @hypodactylus

It ticks me off that Bama always plays an OOC gimme game in mid-November; i.e. NMSU this Saturday.”

The playoff committee should punish teams for doing this, if only for a few weeks. Drop them significantly in the rankings until they play actual competition again.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Yogi has good insight at times, but also goes off on head scratching tangents. Maybe he’s not on the screen as much doing other gigs with the P12 Network fading away. Maybe I don’t see him as much, but it does seem Yogi has backed way off on supporting Utah as he’s done in the past since the 2019 season when he was hyping up Utah big time until the Utes melted down against UO and Texas. I suspect he’s going to be all in on UO beating Utah in two weeks.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Yogi is a great guy but he is a company man. He’ll take any chance he gets to hype up a PAC 12 team. He’ll hype up Oregon because they have the only chance to get into the playoff, just like he did for the Utes in 2019.

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

Realisitically, Fresno State, Minnesota, Kentucky, and Mississippi State should all drop out. 

However, there are several teams that have a decent argument to jump in ahead of us. Penn State, Houston, UTSA, Louisana, Coastal, Iowa State, and Purdue all sit above us in the AP Poll.

I’m betting against us making it this week, but we should make the top 25 prior to the Oregon game. 

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Our best bet at making it is that the committee likes to the throw the pac12 a bone more than the AP

Wes
        Ute Fan
        @utahmanw

The committee always says they are looking for the best teams not the best resume which is usually how they justify Alabama always being ranked so high. With how Utah is playing right now I think they are one of the top 25 teams in the country.

Jo
          Ute Fan
          @gogoone

Which is funny because Oregon right now doesn’t look like a top 4 team

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

The committee’s ultra familiar w/us having ranked us so frequently over the years & we’re sizzling right now.

IF not today, next week for certain.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Playoff rankings drop tonight…do Utes land in Top 25?