Plummer too now

Viewing 4 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Well. It’s close to a complete rebuild here on the Hill.

plummer to portal

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

“All in or in the way”. Does this apply to basketball too? Coach Smith has his work cut out for him…

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Meaning PLUMBER HAS ENTERED THE PORTAL. Bummer. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

He’s entered the warp pipe to another program. 

3 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Yup. Larry k took him and Allen to a whopping .500 over the last two years. If he’s done. Then we wish him the best. I believe Craig Smith will rebuild this the right way.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Plummer at this point at the end of his BB career probably needs some stability. Kids dealt with the same transfer BS and crappy team performance over his career at Utah. Don’t blame him at all for wanting to have at least one year in a stable program not in rebuild mode. Hope he has a great year next season where ever he ends up. He was fun to watch and gave his heart out to program that was in bad shape.

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

I thought Plummer was a senior?

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Extra Covid year

UtahUtesRock
          Ute Fan
          @utahutesrock

So…I should still be pumped about this hire?

Ute Dub
            Ute Fan
            @chestercopperpot

If I’m understanding you correctly, you are blaming the Plummer to the draft and portal on Craig Smith?

Ute Dub
            Ute Fan
            @chestercopperpot

Also, yes, Plummer had a negative net rating and Smith wants to win games. Cheers!

Minnesota Ute
          Ute Fan
          @minnesotaute

Hmmm, I guess I hadn’t thought about that. Well just because they are in the portal, doesn’t mean they’ll go. Regardless, I’ve never been sold on Larry as a coach. Far too many persistent problems such as turnovers, poor rebounding, lost final possessions, etc to make me think that he is really the detail oriented teacher that you need. I like Smith’s track record of making teams successful even when he doesn’t have ‘his guys’. It tells me that he has a sound method for teaching players what they need to do to be successful and ultimately how to win. I was hopeful with Larry even though he didn’t really have that credential. Rick did, and Giac & Boylen both certainly did not.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.