Possible Replacement for OC?

Viewing 10 reply threads

uteman12
      Ute Fan
      @uteman12

May be too early to talk about this, but who is brought on in replacement of ARod and Erickson? Do you think Harding will get the promotion to OC? 

1 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Chip Kelly

uteman12
        Ute Fan
        @uteman12

If only we had the money to bring on Chip Kelly.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Chip Kelly would still receive his salary from the 9ers. Money wouldn’t be an issue. York is going to try and save his job, fully expect new management in San Fran.

deleted
          Ute Fan
          @rolandovich

Money isn’t the issue. He walks into any HC job he wants in college football.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Maybe I’m delusional, but what about Helfrich?

DemosthenesRed
        Ute Fan
        @demosthenesred

This would be the home run of all home runs, but I don’t think he would give up his guaranteed Oregon buy out money to be an OC.

uteman12
          Ute Fan
          @uteman12

My question is, what is the max that Utah can actually offer for OC? 

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

My money might have been on BJ coming back at least as QB coach but he just took the OC job at Houston. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

If Chip Kelly were to come back to the college level, he’d surely be a head coach, not a coordinator.

uteman12
        Ute Fan
        @uteman12

I could see Mike Sanford coming back to Utah.

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

Mike Sanford did just take a job on his son’s staff at Western Kentucky.  I guess fathers have ditched their kids for much less.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I want to see BJ back on the staff at some point (or HC), but he still needs to make his bones at OC in a different situation first. I don’t believe he will grow much under Whitt.

3UteDad
      @3utedad

Who is the current offensive coordinator at Idaho State?

3 1

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Even better, Kris Cinkovich at Idaho has put together a strong team and has a lot of experience (including UNLV back when they beat us, and later at Arkansas). They beat CSU in the bowl game this year and ended 9-4.

deleted
      Ute Fan
      @rolandovich

Yes. Harding will be OC. If his departure wasn’t announced, he’s the guy.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Harding will be OC/OL
      Holiday WRs
      I could see Fred Whittingham move to RBs
      Then a TE Coach is brought in but his main duty will recruiting so I would like to see a dynamic young recruiter.
      A QB Coach that is a proven experienced teacher at that position.

Then when the NCAA allows another asst Coach I’d like to see an asst. OL Coach to help out Harding

1 1

Uterider
        Ute Fan
        @uterider

We’ve all read this book. Whit will concuct “a national search” and lo and behold the best man for the job will be right down the hall all along. Why…IT’S WAS JIM HARDING ALL ALONG!

Just like it was Brian Johnson. 

1 1

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Why is Fredwhitt on the payroll? did he even play football? I hate the nepotism. DRAIN THE SWAMP!

2 1

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

He played Fullback at byu. He was their leading rusher in 87 and 88, was a very good receiver, and was an Academic All-American. IIRC he blew out his knee or had another injury, so he never got a shot at the NFL.

Before coaching at Utah he spent 8 years as the regional sales manager responsible for ~$100M in annual sales. He has as much (or more) coaching experience than Sharrieff Shah, who is a solid coach in his own right after his career as a corporate attorney.

But you don’t really care about that. You just hate him because he is a Whittingham, a Mormon, and went to byu. Same old Ann Arbor.

Utes49ers
      Ute Fan
      @utes49ers

Scott Mitchell for QB coach: Make Utah Offense Great Again!

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Brent Vigen from Wyoming. They put up over 6000 yds of offense this year using a sorta power offense like Whitt enjoys and our team is built around.

Or how about the OC at Toledo? They were beyond impressive in both rushing and passing. Over 4200 yds passing, over 2500 rushing. For reference, they put up almost 700 yds of Oh-fense on byu. Granted, he is more of an up-tempo guy.

In the end we probably will not hire an OC. But please for the love of all things holy hire a solid and reputable QB coach!

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Is the Wyo guy another Christensen leftover? If so, he and Harding have experience working together already.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

No, Vigen came to Wyoming with Craig Bohl from NDSU.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Possible Replacement for OC?