Viewing 6 reply threads

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

Without pressing the more button?

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I actually like that feature. On other sites (ufn, cougarboard) you have to actually click the subject line and open another page to read the rest of the post. Hitting “more” is an easy way to save space and keeps it simple/quick

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hehe. Well, sounds like you are challenged to an arm wrestle with the members who asked for less so they don’t have to scroll as long.  If you go to the forum menu you can select recent posts, or you can click “open” to open the standard view.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

There is the possibility I could have a user preference setting to allow users to choose whether they like a “compact” or a “full view” or some such thing.  Could be cool.

norm
      Ute Fan
      @norm

I second this request, or the option to do either way. Feels really clunky to have to hit more on each post to read it imho. That said, I don’t mean to sound ungrateful for this excellent board.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks @norm and @stonguse for the suggestions. When the site began the full posts were all shown, so you had to scroll for 12 miles. People complained and I agreed about it, especially on mobile devices.

Now that I think about it, it wouldn’t be hard to make an “expand all” for either everything on the home page, or just a particular thread.

I’ll see what I can do, because that’s how I roll.

norm
        Ute Fan
        @norm

want to scroll a mile 🙂  thanks for being so open to feedback. I don’t post much, but I read a lot here and appreciate all you’ve done here.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

I like the current “more” option, but think it would be nice to have the option to change it or something.  I would, however, like the option of showing more posts on the main screen (aka, have the ability to keep scrolling down to view more posts/topics instead of clicking on something to take me to the next page).  I know, picky picky.  The easier it is to use….  the better it becomes. 🙂  It is great already though, don’t get me wrong.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

That’s known as an “infinite scroll” Hypodactylus. That’s pretty heavy stuff.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wow this gets pretty complicated. So I have made a single toggle button at the top (on my test version, not here) which you can click to expand ALL posts. It’s like hitting all the more buttons. It works and all the content opens up. If I click the button again, all posts close.

Fine.

BUT now what happens if the user clicks say ONE topic and expands it, then hits the main more button? Can’t toggle anymore, or the one post the user opened would close, while all the others open. Or the opposite. In that case a “toggle” on/off of expanded or contracted for all posts wouldn’t work.

HMM.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Is there a way to have only new or unread posts show the full message?

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I know on blocku.com the main page shows the articles and the new and total comments per article. Different set up, but makes seeing any new comment very simple.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Never seen or heard of that one. I can look to get the idea I supose.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Possible to increase the amount of content shown