Potential Coaching Candidates

Viewing 6 reply threads

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

I throw this out there with the knowledge that as most have stated we couldn’t possibly do better because its Utah, Whittingham is the best coach we could ever get, we should be satisfied with our progress to date yadi yada yada….

Having said all that a couple of names I think would be interesting candidates are:
      – Scott Frost – Central Florida Age 43
      – Chad Morris – SMU Age 49

Both seem poised to take the next step next year and are hot names.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

As @UtahUte72 pointed out to me a few days ago, Scott Frost is almost assuredly headed to his alma mater Nebraska.  If he doesn’t end up there, I’d imagine Florida or another bigger school will be calling soon.  Frost is probably the hottest up-and-coming coach in college football right now.

Don’t know much about Chad Morris except that he has a losing record as a HC so far.

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

Scott Frost and Jon Gruden are both being heavily recruitted at Tennessee.  I see Frost at Florida or Tennessee. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I’ll just say this…I hate the idea that Morgan Scalley is being “groomed” as Kyle Whittinghams replacement. When that day comes, may the best candidate win, make them compete, do a search, find an up and comer like the Urb or someone close to it…but don’t just annoint a guy and start grooming him. Pffft. Let him step up and earn it and fight for it…if he wins it, ok. 

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

I’ll just say this…I hate the idea that Morgan Scalley is being “groomed” as Kyle Whittinghams replacement. When that day comes, may the best candidate win, make them compete, do a search, find an up and comer like the Urb or someone close to it…but don’t just annoint a guy and start grooming him. Pffft. Let him step up and earn it and fight for it…if he wins it, ok. 

I hate that idea too.  Right now, I’m not convinced he’s finished “being groomed” for DC.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

SMH…

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

How about Mike Norvell at Memphis. He was ASU OC before he went to Memphis.
      Has Memphis ranked 22 and 7-1 this year. He’s a good offensive guy.

Then bring Gary Anderson back to coach defense

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Give me your honest opinion of Gary Anderson and why you want him back at Utah please. 

crazyute
          Ute Fan
          @crazyute

Local guy with great ties for recruiting. Very good DL coach. Probably not getting another head job for a bit so could be around for a while.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Dave Aranda- DC at LSU, was with Gary Andersen at Utah St, and Wisconsin.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

No offense to the discussion you started here but no one mentioned on this thread could carry Kyle’s jock strap.  

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Potential Coaching Candidates