Previewing Utah Utes football in 2017 – Article

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tomasina
      Ute Fan
      @tomasina

Great article from a UW fan on the 2017 Utes.  

Article: the Gekko Files: previewing Utah Utes football in 2017

Where are these write-ups in our own media?

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I thought it was fun, though the Joe Williams jockstrap comment was a little annoying. I mean, at one point Joe was in Booker’s shadow. I think one of the RB’s Moss, Shyne or the other DEvontae will be good. Yes, Joe was lightning fast and so fun to watch when he was holding on tight to the ball…

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Not sure if I’m more impressed by the well written, researched, and fairly evaluative article, or the reply posts.  UW fans on that article were pretty damn respectable in their responses. 

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

True, but I think you could say the same of the BlockU site, just less traffic compared to UW’s. Understandably so. UW fans are pretty stoked on their current situation.

There was a Utah fan on that comment section that made an odd remark though. Something about SLC being a mormon mecca. Okie dokie.

RedLine
          Ute Fan
          @redline

Yeah, I didn’t agree with everything said. We’ve only been in the PAC a few years. Getting the top recruits in the state will come and is already upgraded. On recruiting against BYU, it’s a deadzone for NFL potential vs Utah, and lot of young kids locally that have CFB talent have only known Utah as a P5. Losing top talent to USC, Stanford, OSU, Alabama etc is no different than the majority of P5 schools.

But for the most part Dawg fans seemed to know quite a bit about Utah’s challenges and were fair in their viewpoints. And your comment about traffic is also spot on regarding BlockU. They do a good job.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Ok I finally read it. It is very well done.  I think I learned stuff about my own team LOL.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Previewing Utah Utes football in 2017 – Article