Program Culture

Viewing 8 reply threads
      3 15

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

I think Tuttle transferring is a way bigger deal than it appears on the surface. Here is my worry: The culture at the program has changed and there is no discipline with the players (rumors of that from people I know) and Tuttle didn’t like the culture. Maybe Tuttle lost respect for the coaches and the program with the things that happened with Huntley. 

Or we picked Jayden Daniels over Tuttle which is COMPLETELY ridiculous cause you let them complete.

My gut tells me it’s he has lost respect for the program and coaches cause of some internal things and he decided to transfer. 

There is no way you let Tuttle transfer without seeing ONE snap. This is the worst day I’ve ever felt about being a Ute that didn’t result in a loss.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Oh man, I hope you’re wrong about the culture of the program.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

What does “no discipline with the players” mean?

1 7

32utahutes
        @32utahutes

The company I work for hired a former player who was on the sugar bowl team. He attended a practice this year and he said the players could do whatever they wanted. Said he saw some things that never would have happened when he was there. 

Also, heard from a source that the thing that happened with Huntley, he said if Huntley starts against Stanford (the week the thing with Huntley came up) that he lost all respect for Kyle Whittington. The source is connected to the entire state in recruiting. He posts on Rivals I believe. 

10 1

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Dude, this post reeks of unsubstantiated rumors. Back it up with proof or stop posting garbage like this.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Better yet, give some actual examples. What sort of things did this former player see at practice that never would have happened before? What supposedly happened with Huntley?

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

What’s the “thing” with Huntley? Hell, post something more than rumor.

1 3

32utahutes
            @32utahutes

They didn’t go into detail. Granted it’s all 2nd hand. But the former player said the culture is different, more freedom to players and less discipline. The Rivals source was very connected. Idk what happened with Huntley but something obviously did.

3 1

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

Obviously? For something to be obvious, there needs to be evidence. Strong evidence. I haven’t seen ANY evidence anything happened with Huntley. Just speculation and echo-chamber rumors.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

None of that means anything though.  What sorts of things did he see?  We’ve read reports from connected people that the players were excited, and some of the position groups were staying late to practice long after the official practice was done.  UteZone, as an example, wrote something to that effect during fall camp, and those guys are well connected.  What was the nature of the practice he attended?  Were they having a light day?  What is the context?  The offense and defense have sharpened up, so that does not indicate a lack of discipline to me.  Regarding the source, was he a BYU fan?  Sorry to seem skeptical, but this all seems like smoke to me.

32utahutes
            @32utahutes

It was practice recently. The person is well connected in the program. Kind of like Onlyu. Posts on Rivals. Just my gut that the culture could be a problem. 

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

And I’m sure the culture is different than when I was up there. Coaches have to change to adapt to the changes in society.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

“there is no discipline with the players” I highly doubt that with a Whitt coached team and his other coaches. Utah has NEVER been like that.

8 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

This. I cannot believe this of a Whitt lead team.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

This is literally the first time discipline problems has been brought up. I doubt that’s it. It has much to do with Daniels and playing time.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Who transfers because a recruit “might” pick your school? 

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Yeah, this argument makes no sense. There is no way in hell Tuttle would transfer because of a recruit that hasn’t even committed to Utah. There is no guarantee Daniels comes to Utah.

1 1

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

People have done stranger things.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Have they? 

I just can’t see a 4 star QB who was touted as the best recruit in Utah history transferring because another highly rated QB has Utah on his list. Maybe after that highly recruited QB actually signs with Utah, but before he even verbally commits? That is just beyond comprehension.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

I should point to the entire US legal system and say yes and be right. People are nuts.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

This original post is the most inaccurate misguided post I’ve read in a while. 

32utahutes
        @32utahutes

I never stated this as factual. Just some rumors I’ve heard. Then there’s smoke, there’s fire tho. I could be way off. Time will tell.

Distantute
          Ute Fan
          @distantute

You are way off 32utes.  Just sayin.  Why even post something like you did?  

B Patton
          Ute Fan
          @thebpac

All former “anythings” act like they had it harder and what they see now wouldn’t fly back when. 

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Yeah, you know nothing and it does no good to post rumor and speculation like this without anythingto back it up.  

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I was actually surprised Tuttle signed because his primary recruiter had left and the system had changed under Taylor.

jrj84105
        Ute Fan
        @jrj84105

That’s how you knew it was all about early playing time.  When he looked like the 4th best QB behind Lisk after spring camp, the writing was on the wall.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I believe the problem does not lie with the program’s culture. It lies with our societal culture of instant gratification and total lack of patience. Tuttle was obviously not ready at the start of the season. His whole life he has had someone telling him how great he is. He comes here and does not get his instant gratification. He goes somewhere else. Maybe he will find what he is looking for there maybe not. Utah football has many issues, they do not however, have a systemic lack of discipline issue.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Program Culture