Puka Nacua to USC

Viewing 3 reply threads

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

I never really thought the Utes were gonna get this kid but it still sucks. I look forward to when local kids won’t need to go out of state to be considered big time, at least in their perception. Let’s just hope Samson goes undefeated against little bro. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

As soon as Sampson tweeted that he hoped his brother would go to a better school than Utah, you just knew Puka wasn’t coming to Utah.

3 5

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Can’t blame Sampson for being honest about his own situation at Utah. Utah WRs in my short sided fan opinion are by far the weakest player group on the team. Last year, the current Utah players were not even close to the talent level of Carrington. Probably weak recruiting a result of all of the Offensive Coordinator turnover. Huntley’s biggest weakness next year will be what happens after the ball leaves his hand due to players who run crappy routes and routinely drop balls. Hopefully WR recruiting improves with stability at QB and OC. Go Utes!

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Tell us how you really feel.

EastCoastUte
        Ute Fan
        @eastcoastute

whats Sampsons WR situation? :/

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I dunno. That he is going to be a damn fine WR for us? There is no Samson situation. 

He tried to get his brother to Utah. His brother went to a better program that does a better job developing WR’s. I don’t get what all the worry is. 

Weve never gotten players like Puka. Why would that magically change all the sudden? 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Putting this at Whitts feet because he kept Roderick on staff for so long. Finally got rid of him for a real wideout coach and still can’t develop wideouts?  Has to be Whitts reputation for converting his best talent to DB. Which I don’t mind defensively you need it. 

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

True. I’ve said this 1,000 times and I’ll say it again. Whitt has made millions of dollars, finished the season ranked #1 by some publications, #2 by others, taken Utah from MWC to top 25 P5 school with his defense.

It is what it is. I’m ok with it. As much as people are complaining about the WR’s, we have talent.

Bryan Thompson and Bronson Boyd are Carrington level talents. As good as Carrington was, he wasn’t drafted and still isn’t on a team. He wasn’t transcendent talent.

Mariner was a 4 Star WR. Covey was freshman all American. Simpkins is a good WR. Nacua was the best WR in state his SR year, better than Fehoko, a 4 Star WR. Nacua had grade issues and that scared everybody away.

Solomon Enis is a 4 Star WR. Perriman has offers to SEC schools.

Hampton, a 4 Star WR, transferred because he couldn’t get playing time.

This is the most talented WR group we’ve ever had.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Agree you learn to live with what Whitt gives us. Until his eventual retirement where we can bitch about how painful it is without him at the helm. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Lalala, Covey, Covey, Covey

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Since Holliday took over our receivers very very rarely dropped balls. They were atrociously bad when Arod coached them… they couldn’t catch cold, especially droppy Drez Anderson. These days our issue isn’t catching the ball. The issue with the passing game last year IMO was continuity, and Huntley’s early season reliance on Carrington.

We have a ton of talent at WR right now, and the guys we have can all catch well, at least they did last year… and Covey has excellent hands. He never dropped a punt, and only dropped one or two balls (one of which was that targeting hit he took near the goal line).

I don’t know, I think our receivers are trending in the right direction. They may not be world beaters, and they may be our least effective position group, but they are certainly miles ahead of where they were 3 years ago.

Great1Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tribute

I can understand that talent level at Utah.  If you are a blue chip receiver, why would you want to go to Utah and be used primarily as a blocker?

For our recruitment of receivers, we need Taylor to stick around and throw the ball successfully.  The coaching carousel and scheme provides the explanation for the talent level at receiver over the past seven years.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Huntley’s biggest weakness this year will be his decision making which he showed can be pretty bad last year. I hope it’s improved but if it hasn’t we’ll see a lot of a Freshman QB this year and not because of injury. Of course our current WR’s weren’t close to Carrington last year. They were younger and Carrington was has NFL talent (minus the speed). That’s like saying Sam Darnolds back up wasn’t near as good as he was so they are going to have a QB problem this year.

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

honestly, maybe its because we have alot of WR at the moment so the chance of him playing is low…?

2 1

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Maybe, but I seriously doubt our WRs are better and deeper than USC’s.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Puka Nacua to USC