Putting on my tinfoil hat….

Viewing 2 reply threads

quagmire
      Ute Fan
      @quagmire

Is the U waiting/hoping for the Winter Olympics to return to Salt Lake to help pay for the Rice-Eccles Stadium expansion? There is no other good reason this hasn’t been done yet, the south end zone needs to be burned to the ground. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

One reason it hasn’t been done yet is the pricing on the new seats would not be high enough to recoup the costs of construction. That’s why they’ve been polling crimson club members, testing the water on how much of a “donation” increase they would be willing to cough up for expansion.

5 3

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

They have a big long waiting list and they just keep increasing the ticket prices every season until they start to see people dump them.  Personally I think it is stupid and they should get it done now before Whitt retires.  Don’t have to remind people of the emptiness in the Hunty and think that can’t happen quickly on the next hire.  Also the Muss has really become pathetic.  At least most of the games I have seen lately it has been shrinking.  Seems like campus interests from the students is really decreasing.  The whole water thing moving the Crazy lady’s spot for drums you end up cancelling anyways.  Marketing has been bad yet they seem to be whores for anything.  This third down jump is brought to you by Les Schwab…..

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

Agree…at some point the program medocrity and inflated cost to attend will result in a downward trend of attendance. The mass fan base will choose an alternative activity rather than sit and watch a poorly prepared football team lose 2-3 home games. There is a limit to how much the average fan will pay for bad football.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Sounds very reasonable and prudent.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

If/when Salt Lake is awarded another Olympics, you know there will be an investigation into the U receiving an unfair advantage and benefits, thus resulting in the Opening and Closing Ceremonies being held down at LaVell Edwards Stadium.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Puke! The one time I am grateful for political correctness to ensure that would NEVER happen!

10 1

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

Having participated in the CC poll and having extensive experience with research methodology, I really do not like the direction they are looking at.  In essence, they are looking to build in suites, restuarants and social gathering areas in that end zone and expecting everyone else in the stadium to pay for it.  Some of the numbers I saw would essentially double what I’m paying now (which, when including the CC donation, is running about $ 800 a seat).  

First, wholly shi-ite!   You really want to charge me $230 a seat for a single game?  How about sending me to the superbowl instead?  I mean I love the Utes, but that is a lot of cabbage. 

Second, why would we want to take away from the game atmosphere in the stadium.  Adding field view restuarants and gathering areas for socializing will only take away from the game experience.  I want it louder and better.  If people are craving the social aspect, build a dedicated tailgating spot outside the stadium that is dedicated to that experience.

Third, things like these (adds and cost increases) take the little guy out of the equation and turns it over to corporate sponsors.  Having lived through it the death and re-birth of Utah Football, I’ve always been a little proud of how the U has come so far with what amounted to very little ‘outside’ support.  I think it shows in our fans as well.  I would HATE turning the game experience over to a corporate sponsored event like you see with Jazz tickets.  

Just my two cents……

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well you know the organic traditions sponsored by Vivint and credit unions??

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Considering how any construction project in this state has gone, I fully expect to wait until the next Olympics before a half ass expansion is completed.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Putting on my tinfoil hat….