QB injuries…past & present

Viewing 4 reply threads
      1 1

ReconUte
      Ute Fan
      @reconute

There’s seems to be a history of our “elite” QB’s getting injured during the season. The only QB that I don’t remember getting injured was Alex. Our other stud QB’s have all suffered injuries to include; Jordan, Brian, Tyler and Cam. Is this just a freak and unlucky thing happening in our program? Because I can’t think of any other football program that has had some many injuries within the last ten years anyway…it’s just frustrating! 

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Rising didn’t get hurt last year and I expect him to be playing against AZ.

ReconUte
        Ute Fan
        @reconute

He was injured in the Rose toward the end of the game and is injured again. I know how every QB was injured im just wondering if it’s all just dumb luck to this program…? 

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

I guess the 4th quarter of the Rose Bowl was technically this calendar year… 

ReconUte
          Ute Fan
          @reconute

True. I’m just speaking in generalities regarding injuries. 
          i just can’t think of any other college program having so many injuries to their starting QB’s…frustrating for sure! 

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

Meant for Xanthis not you, I would characterize Rising as someone who has been injured – rose bowl and 2020.

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

Fair. He did get a concussion in that game that I forgot about. 

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

It is you myoptic view of your own program.  How many backups QB’s did the Utes play against just last season in conference.  Extrapolate that to the rest of the country.

Even the Alabama’s of the world have had QB injuries multiple times over the last 5 seasons. 

ReconUte
        Ute Fan
        @reconute

…I’m sorry but..what? 

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

We tend to focus on our own team and other things happen in the periphery that we tend not to pay attention to.  Our myoptic view leads us to believe that our situation is somehow an outlier when it is actually the status quo.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I heard a stat a few years ago that said something like 80% of all teams lose their starting QB to injury for at least one game during a season. Can’t recall the exact percentage, but it was higher than 50%

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Was the giraffe ever hurt?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

He went out with a concussion I think in his sophomore year. A brain scan revealed an issue which almost ended his career.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Missed games against G5 schools with nagging stuff a couple of times as well.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football QB injuries…past & present