Question about ASU

Viewing 9 reply threads
      1 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

How do we expect to move the ball agaisnt an ASU defense that stopped one of the league’s best quarterbacks and running backs.  The ASU defense destroyed the UW offense.  We don’t have the talent that UW has on offense.  Why should things be different tomorrow?

I am not trying to be negative.  It’s an honest question.  I know ASU’s defense had not been very good.  Did they find the answers?  Did they get some key players healthy?  Did they just get lucky?  I don’t know and am a bit worried about our offense in the first place.

I can see ASU stopping UW for part of the game, but they stopped them cold.  It wasn’t about turnovers.  UW simply could not move the ball for the entire game.

I think it is important to score early.  ASU’s defense has some confidence right now.  We need to get the momentum.  The longer they hold us from scoring, the more confident they will become.

Go Utes!!!

5 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Just gonna go out on limb here and say this guy cracked the code on Washington’s play calling.
      Utah will deploy the sheets and suddenly be able to move the ball on ASU.

9 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

The UW game was an anomaly. ASU will regress to the mean next week. 

1 1

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Anomaly or not, ASU did it. Whether ASU regresses to the mean, who knows.

5 1

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

Love thumbs down on a reasonable comment. Please give me more. LOL

5 4

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I didn’t give you the first one but I gave you the second.
            Thumbs down is so f**king Utefans cowardly without a reply. Take it down Tony make people reply with their displeasure.

Anonymous
              Ute Fan
              @anonymous

Love it. I knew I can count on you, BGU.

5 2

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Dissing the thumbs down is worthy of a thumbs down.  And I’m backing up my thumbs down with my reply of displeasure.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah Graham broke some rule, intercepted radio signals, launched a chinese satellite or some s**t and knew what UW’s plays were before they did.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

I mean, if I could find a Chinese satellite on Wish, you better believe I’m launching that sucker.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I’m still not sold on Washington being world beaters. They’re like USC with a less athletic, but more careful quarterback. SC’s numbers are actually better as far as offense goes, while Washington has the better defense. Maybe Washington just didn’t think they had to game plan as well as they should have. As @ironman1315 stated, it seems like it was just an anomaly. Maybe Browning was sick? Or maybe Graham did crack the code.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

They had a lot of help from Washington in stopping them. Miscues, poor play calls and really bad execution had as much to do with that defensive performance as ASU forcing plays. That’s probably true in most cases, but if we play like we did at USC we win.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I keep saying this, but if we know Graham is going to steal signals, why not send fake ones? 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Installing that seems hard so that everyone is on the same page.  Game time you have so much going on. Crowd noise, adrenaline and just your exhaustion. Dangerous in most cases. You just have to outexecute them knowing the play call. 

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

It’s not hard. If my high school team could do it, anyone can do it.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’m not ruling out some sort of trebuchet-like solution.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Good God I hope our team isn’t assuming that ASU only beat WU because the stole signals. That’s an easy way to get your ass beat and an ignorant comment. Chris Peterson doesn’t protect against teams stealing his signals? That’s a ridiculous assumption.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Late in the 1st quarter Worshington lost their best lineman. First-team all-Pac-12 left tackle Trey Adams. He won’t be back either, shredded knee. The replacement guy is crap. Worshington’s line depth is poor.

As mentioned before, UW has not won in Tempe for a long time. Also, they struggle in the desert in general. Last year they escaped with a win against UofA in overtime.

Add to it that their special teams are complete trash. Their field goal kickers are less than 50% for the year. In this game they missed from 21 and 26. That’s demoralizing. Plus they had a punt blocked.

I mentioned this in another thread. ASU is VERY talented. On par with UW, Oregon and Stanford in terms of blue chip players on roster. All four of those teams have 25-28 blue chips.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Question about ASU