Question about SEZ

Viewing 4 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Does anyone know if they plan to close the current hole in the lower seating area closest to the East bleachers? I’m hoping the reason it’s open like that is so they can bring equipment through the tunnel such as cranes that wouldn’t fit otherwise. But it looks strange/off if it’s going to stay like that. All the artist renderings show that seating area being just like the opposite side.
      Update pic of SEZ

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

They have to leave a big enough tunnel area to get heavy equipment through for other events and concerts.  And when they replace the turf.  It has to be big enough to fit loaders through.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

I remember the proposal pics having symetry – no gaping holes.  It is likely a construction tunnel.

Maybe it’s an alley for opposing teams truk & equipment?

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Correct. It will be symmetrical to the East side club seats with a ramp for vehicles underneath (e.g. ambulance).

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Here’s a pic of the area in question. I realize underneath the club seating was meant to be an open ramp into the stadium. But the club seating above wasn’t supposed to have a hole in it. Are you saying this will be closed eventually?
          Club seating area

UrbanLiar
            Ute Fan
            @urbanliar

Correct. Exactly symmetrical to the eastern portion. That little missing section will be shaped like a rectangle with a little cutout of seating area for what I assume to be a flat area for handicapped visitor accessibility needs. I looked at buying club seats right there over the visiting team locker rooms but instead chose seats over the Utah team side instead.

MDUte
              Ute Fan
              @mdute

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. Everything looks so good…can’t wait to see RES filled again with the new SEZ rockin’!

CincyUte
                Ute Fan
                @cincyute

It looks unbelievable.  I can’t wait to see it finished and full of fans on September 2nd.  

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Amazing. MUSS is going to be crazy loud with the SEZ closed in.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Brings up a related point: where do they put the band now?

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

Great question. I would guess either the band is a seating casuality (doubt that would happen) of the upgrade or they’re moved to the NEZ. Hard to see the band would be put in the South/West corner where the visiting fans sit. If that’s the case, SEZ fans are going to have ringing ears sandwiched between the MUSS and the band. 

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

The band will sit in the southeast corner between the MUSS and the expanded SEZ. I toured the stadium last month and that’s what the RES folks said.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Are these photos or mock-ups? If they’re photos, where’s the UTAH logo on the Field House?

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

Good question, what happened to  the U T A H on the fieldhouse?

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

I rode my bike past the  Field House the other day and they were re-roofing it.  At the time I wondered it they would re-letter it when complete.

KelVarnsen
        Ute Fan
        @kelvarnsen

The roof is being replaced on the field house. The UTAH will be back up there once the roof is finished. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

They better put it up. It was a really cool fan-based project that Dr. Hill committed to keeping maintained after the initial funding was donated. KVH donated a ton to finish it up. I think $25K was raised to do it.

Dallas
            Ute Fan
            @dallas

Let’s not forget my $15.

Utesbyfive
              Ute Fan
              @utesbyfive

It was me on twitter who first sent the campaign link to KVH. So there. 😉

Dallas
                Ute Fan
                @dallas

Touché and well done!

Grayshirt
          Ute Fan
          @grayshirt

Giant LED lettering? – Take my money..

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I would bet they are putting synthetic shingles up there that can withstand the paint longer. If they were asphalt shingles before, they probably had to repaint annually.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Question about SEZ