Question: Which team do you respect the least

Viewing 5 reply threads
      3 3

Carterdalby
      Ute Fan
      @carterdalby

Personally for me it’s USC. Not wanting to put ALTJ stickers on their helmets (classless)and their lack of sportsmanship when I’ve seen them play. I’m always ecstatic when we beat them and did I mention their fans are very annoying

5 2

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

USC, then ASU. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

ASU then ASU, then… let me think… oh yeah, ASU. Asshat previous coach, asshat current coach, asshat fans, asshat school.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

ASU is the right answer

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Agree with you both. Hard pass on the Herminator.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

ASU for me. I’ve been to two games against USC at The Coliseum and while I’ll agree with you about the players, the fans are generally fine. USC fans don’t get too crazy with Utah fans. If you go to a Dodger vs. Giants game though, the fans can become violent.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I’m with CCU.  But I’ll take it a step further.  USC  fans have always been way nice.  I’ve gone to way to many games down there.  And their stadium and traditions and campus are pretty dang cool.  As much as I want to hate USC, they make it hard…

ASU and AU make it super easy.  And I hate them.

Washington fans are also easy to hate.  I hate those three.

7 1

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I agree with ASU and USC

But Oregon fans from Utah are probably some of the douchiest of people out there

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

But Oregon fans from Utah are probably some of the douchiest of people out there

That’s because they’re not actually Oregon fans – they’re BYU-Provo Campus fans. They become Oregon fans once Provo Campus picks up their first L, and that’s because by that time it’s usually Oregon who is the last hope to spoil a special season for Utah.

I’ve had several people in Oregon jerseys sitting around me at Oregon/Utah games, and every single one I’ve talked to is actually a BYU-Provo Campus fan. They will really take the time and money to go root against Utah.

I’m not saying actual Oregon fans in Utah aren’t douchey…just saying that 9 out of 10 of them are just Provo Campus fans in disguise. I swear, that is the weirdest fanbase.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

GameForAnyFuss is correct.  ybU-p fans used to all be “life-long UWa fans from the old Pac-8″…..back when Sark was coaching up there. But once he left, they all of a sudden became Oregon fans.  Now ask yourself….how does that work?  How do UWa fans suddenly abandon their team to become fans of their century-long arch nemesis?

Answer:  Because they were never really UWa or Ore fans to begin with.  Ever since Utah got the invite to their first choice of P5 leagues — you know, the very conference they’d spent the better part of the previous 3 decades ‘secretly negotiating with” for membership — our jealous zoobish little brother had been claiming a new “Team B” allegiance — always with a “P5 connection”, and most frequently with one from the Pac-10 (aka, the pre-Pac 12).  You’d never seen them with a “Team B” connection prior to the “Pac-12”, but afterward, they’re suddenly ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Zoobies are the most transparent phonies I’d ever met.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Actually, for the most part, I am ok with all Pac teams. All schools have the random asshats, Utah included. Other than the rivalries like UA/ASU or UCLA/USC, most all schools experience much the same thing as they travel. I have been lucky in that the majority of other team fans have not upset me when I visit. But you do need to get use to seeing others pull a different way than U fans prefer.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Question: Which team do you respect the least