R/W spring game

Viewing 4 reply threads

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

Anyone else stoked about the state of the UTES QB room? L. Butteri had a 66% completion on 4/6 passing with a 65 yard TD pass.

6 2

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Not anymore excited than I was prior to the spring game. The game was 100% meaningless. No reliable information can be gleaned from the spring game. It’s just fun for fans, and somewhat helpful for players.

3 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Against mostly a 2nd and 3rd string defense…

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I wouldn’t say stoked. However, I will say I was pleasantly surprised with how Rose looked. I won’t read too far into it – but he could have looked a lot worse

1 2

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Only thing I felt better about was the kicking game… game was pointless.. Johnson good on the feet bad with throws and decision making . Rose has a better arm but no mobility and has yet show he has the it IT factor , maybe that will come .. Not sure I came away with anything from that game tbh

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

The game is pointless if you only want to see a finished product a dozen times a year. Scrimmages and practice is only interesting if you want to see how a team grows and develops. It is like food, you may not have any interest in how it is made, just have a moment to eat it. Which may be wise if you want to stop into a Chinese restaurant. There truly is more to see if you want a glimmer of development all the way down to the walk-ons and young players.

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

Honestly Nate did not look good. Brandon Rose looks great besides one pass that should’ve been picked. I would be shocked if Nate is 3rd string once the season starts and would expect him to be behind both Rose and Barnes. I hope he can stick it out and develop instead of transferring. If he could improve downfield accuracy and decision making he could be QB1 in the future

LetItRide
        Ute Fan
        @letitride

Rose also missed a wide open Wr ,early, by overthrowing by 10 feet. His short game was good not ideal. Wrs and Tes had to make low finger tip catches. Mathew’s hands are sticky!
        Still too early.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football R/W spring game