Radio solution. Can we replace Bill Riley with Dolce as the play by play?

Viewing 6 reply threads
      2 10

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Mitchell, Scott can stay as color commentator.

8 2

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

That is a terrible idea…I’m not a huge Riley fan, but Dolce is another level of bad. 

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

You think Dolce would be bad strictly as the play by play guy – no color commentary?

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I tried listening to Scott and well, I miss Dolce.  Not a popular opinion I know.  But I’ve come to realize most Utah fans hate whatever they currently have thinking the next thing is better.  Owell. 

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Same here. Mitchell was embarrassing in the Zach Moss interview. Awkward at other times.

alharmon
      @alharmon

As a younger generation Ute fan, all I have know growing up has been Riley and Dolce. Listening to those two, for me, means Utah football and when I found out Scott Mitchell was going to be doing the color commentary I was a little sad. Don’t like Scott Mitchell so far, the interview with Moss was cringe worthy among other things.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

I’m the same way. Got used to Dolce, Riley and Nagahi. I know people move on, but they were together for a long time and had good chemistry.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Are you kidding me?  Why don’t we just bring in Alema Harrington and Patrick Kinahan.

Who listens to the radio play by play anyway?  

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

so you listened to and enjoyed Mike Golic Jr. Based on his commentary, I suspect Mike Golic Jr. had never seen Utah play before in his life?

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

No, they were terrible.  I’m not going to listen to the radio tell me what is happening 5 seconds before I see it on TV though.  

Heike
        Ute Fan
        @heike

Some of us “old timers” still listen to the radio, especially when we’re on the road. It was often difficult to hear Riley’s call of the game (and hear what was happening), when on every big play Dolce would be shouting “Ooooh!” and “Aaaaah!” over the top of the play-by-play. That in itself is enough for me to welcome the change.

pics
        Ute Fan
        @pics

I would much rather listen to the local radio broadcast and turn down the volume on the tv. Many of the tv talking heads don’t know anything about Utah, can’t pronounce players names and have a bias against west coast football. I would rather enjoy the game instead of getting pi$$ed off at the tv broadcast.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Bring back Marcroft!

2 2

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

This post was a joke, right? I will always respect his contribution to the Utes, but Dolce was easily the worst color analyst I’ve ever heard.

Who listens to the radio play by play anyway?

I don’t usually have time to put my life on hold for 4 hours and watch a game, so I often listen to the radio broadcast while I do other things around the house. Mitchell needs some work, but he’s already miles ahead of where Dolce was.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Agree 100%. Dolce was a terrible color commentator. Mitchell may not be the best but at least his voice isn’t as annoying and like you, I have to listen to the radio some of the time.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Radio solution. Can we replace Bill Riley with Dolce as the play by play?