Raelon Singleton

Viewing 6 reply threads

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

He has announced he has left the program for family reasons. While I do believe that played apart of it, I think Boyd, Thompson, and Hampton were all a major part of it seeing as how they are all 3 very talented. Also, with guys like Nacua, Simpkins, Covey (coming back), Wilson we have enough depth to take the hit. However, he was our leading receiver coming back and it sucks. I think we have to get Olave, Enis or Harrison though.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Dang, that sucks. I hope his family is able to get through whatever is going on. Gotta respect a man who recognizes when he needs to reorganize his priorities. Wish him all the best and thanks to him for his time in a Utah uniform.

Family on 3.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Paging OnlyU…OnlyU, please pick up a white courtesy phone…

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

My way too early predictions for starting WR’s:

Boyd and Thompson on the outside. 

Nacua and Covey on the inside. 

This WR group is loaded. Just absolutely stacked. It’s crazy to look at the talent we have at that position right now.

therealu
        Ute Fan
        @therealu

You forgot about Wilson – I expect him to play more of a role than Boyd or Thompson, at least early on. 

2 6

Anonymous
        Inactive

I’m still p**sed at Nacua for his impression of a urethra. I wish Whit would have axed him. Hopefully he rides the bench all year.

7 4

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Lol. Don’t be this guy. 

2 16

Anonymous
            Inactive

No, I’d rather be a cowardly sunshine pumper, like your bitch ass.

2 2

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Lol. Dude, you need help. 

3 7

Anonymous
                Inactive

Lol. Dude. I give your opinions the consideration they deserve, and then I flush.

2 1

Utah
                  Ute Fan
                  @utah

I looked at your past posts and you’re a pretty good poster. But good lord, you don’t like Nacua. Lol. He take your girl? That’s too bad. 

5 3

Anonymous
                    Inactive

No. Here’s my issue, and this is partially a response to Onlyu’s post on the subject as well: I get frustrated when players get the benefit of education at a great school like Utah. They also enjoy a career being coached up, in many cases very significantly coached up, playing in front of rabid fans, and get a real shot at the next level, only to turn around and utterly disrespect a place that I love, that gave me the tools I needed to have successful career. I mean really, did Clemson send 15 players to the next level last year? What Nacua said bothered me. I think he needs to see the consequences of biting the hand, as it were.

Hmm. That was more a stream of consciousness than a paragraph, but I think I made my point.

Red Don
          Ute Fan
          @reddon

I’m still p**sed at Nacua for his impression of a urethra. I wish Whit would have axed him. Hopefully he rides the bench all year.

I obviously missed something.  What are you talking about??

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

For what it’s worth Samson is always talking…always in the middle of it but in a good way.  Just his personality but very well liked and a solid kid.  Got roasted a little because of his comments but didn’t mean anything other than he thinks his brothers are big time which they might be.  Just a proud big brother.  He’d love to have them at the U…he’s all in.

It’s hard to see local kids leave because we love the U and we feel like we’re close to having a shot at a Pac12 title…so close!  But at the end of the day if you have a chance to go play at Clemson as a wideout in proven offense and likely have a fantastic shot at the playoff for at least a couple of your 4 years I don’t know how you pass that up.  Not many kids get those opportunities.  Stay home and maybe help turn us into that type of team or go somewhere almost guaranteed to give you that shot.  What would you do?

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

We also have Hampton who played sparingly last year but he was a guy we got to swing from Washington St. a year or two ago. IIRC He was a 4 star guy or close to it. Curious to see how he progresses.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

ONLYU. You called it as always. Anything else we can expect to see ? Transfers, incoming ? Is the talent that we have enough to replace the departure ?

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Yes. Thank you again for the heads up and additional insight. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Rae doesn’t love it here – never really did. He wants to go back to Texas which is closer to home for him. Not sure about family issues but if that’s what he said then I’ll accept that.

He called Texas, Texas Tech and TCU. TCU told him no…the other two told him they would have a spot for him.

Here’s my opinion on Rae…Top 3 round NFL talent. I swear he’s that good but he didn’t play the entire game because he was tired and couldn’t go. Awful…I mean awful conditioning. One of the laziest players we’ve ever had come through here. That sounds like sour grapes because he’s on his way out…not true. With his talent he should be a Carrington type guy – period and everybody sees it.

I hope that a change of scenery helps him find that work ethic because if it does he is a next level guy.

I said a few weeks back and Utah said it above:

Thompson and Boyd outside and Simpkins, Covey and Nacua inside next year.

I believe that Rae would have lost the starting role but would have played plenty. With Hampton and Wilson as the 2’s and hopefully with an addition or two in the next few weeks we are plenty deep and plenty talented. Not sure how Covey comes back this first year but he’s a gamer so he’ll be in the mix for sure.

No other players that get significant time are leaving at this point.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

That would explain why Bill Riley had “family issues” in quotes when he tweeted about Singleton’s departure.

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

In hindsight I’ll respond to my own post and say that’s it’s also possible, maybe even probable, that Riley put that portion in quotes to emphasize that the reason was given by Raelon and wasn’t Riley’s opinion. In which case I was reading too much into things and that NEVER happens on Twitter.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Raelon Singleton