Rain for Chicago coming in buckets…

Viewing 5 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Still quite a bit of uncertainity about Saturday night in DeKalb; if you’re flying in on Friday, be prepared for delays at ORD and MDW as heavy rains will be in the area Friday into Friday night, moving in from the southwest.  Rates as high as an inch-per-hour are expected Friday afternoon and evening ahead of the remains of Tropical Storm Gordon.  The center will be moving through on Saturday into Sunday – how wet it will be all depends how far south of a track it takes as it recurves from its current track moving SE to NW, towards an eastward moving track by the weekend, and how much drier air gets entrained by Saturday.  Definitely pack the ponchos, though.

Huskie Field has Field Turf, which is a modern grass turf with lots of sand beneath for drainage, hopefully it can take the onslaught without flooding the field or especially the surrounding facilities.  If I were in charge of facilities, I’d have some pumps and drying equipment standing by.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

P**sed off about this.  Flying in to Chicago Friday morning with son and was love king forward to showing him Chicago and then heading to dekalb for the game.  Worried now that the game may not even be played.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

To give you an idea of the uncertainity, one numerical forecast model, which just updated with this morning’s observations, has the bulk of the rain in a line from St Lous to Champaign-Urbana and south of there, with hardly any in the Chicago area.  So you can hope that one has the best track.

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

What does the lightning situation look like? Are we potentially looking at game delays or just a s**t ton of rain?

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Good question, but not something that can be answered 4 days in advance.  I can take a shot Thursday morning.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Hard to say this far out, but Iowa State’s game got postponed this week due to lightening so its very possible.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Had a friend attempt to fly to Chicago yesterday.  Flight was delayed 4 hours because of flooding on the runway in Chicago…

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Flight delayed 4 hours? That’s a good day for Chicago! 

RedUte
      Ute Fan
      @rogermaggiohotmail-com

Flying in Thursday. Spending time with my brother and folks for a couple days and then heading to the game. My brother and I are flying in from Seattle so hoping the rain passes. Was back in August and it rained like a mother.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rain for Chicago coming in buckets…