Raise your hand if you’ve ever used the Facebook or Twitter buttons here

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I spent a bit of time setting up buttons for Facebook and Twiiter on topics, thinking people would help spread the UteHub word and send their friends here from their social networks.  As far as I can tell, nobody has used them but me.  

I guess I can get rid of them based on their lack of popularity, or put them in one of those 3-dot menu thingies to clean things up.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I never really even thought about using them.  Since they are all over the place, I don’t even notice them.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

No, but now that we know your plan, give it a bit more time and see if we don’t start to.  I’m not a big facebook guy, but I tweet the hell out of things!

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Sorry Tony I don’t often use either. I don’t see a button for either of them on any pages I have visited. Could be the same problem I have with no up thumb.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Someone named Corey did it!

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I dont use either.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Why do you ask, Tony? Is it an expensive feature (as far as resources/cycles)?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Na. I did put some time into the “single thread view” here on the home page which is shared.  Here’s an example: https://www.utehub.com/?th=20202

Not a big deal.  What I had hoped is that it would help generate traffic and new members.  But so far I think since I introduced the tweet/fb buttons, they’ve only been clicked twice by anyone other than me.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Raise your hand if you’ve ever used the Facebook or Twitter buttons here