Random game thoughts while while getting rained and hailed on

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Bought a new tailgate tent before this game. Guess I’ll have to do that every week. Huntley has not thrown an INT all SEASON! Kicking game is still bad. Need work on offensive short yardage. One major dropped pass for a TD. Saw 7 bats flying around getting freaked out by the stadum lights. The refs blew a blatant intentional grounding call on WSU. Offensive line was way better but not sure that’s because of them improving or the talent level of WSU’s defense. Great job by the LB’s and DB’s. Sadly we’ve probably seen the last of Covey for 2019, but maybe that means 2 more years of his electricity in 2020 and 2021.  He’ll be about 40 years old by then… LOL.  So glad we won before a bye week. Traffic here dives if we lose and the people who do stick around start going at each other. Now we can all be happy for two weeks. 

GO UTES

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

WSU d-line stemming caused no problems for Utes O-block.
      O-block needs significant improvement to compete against better defenses like Cal, UW.

We were told Ludwig rewards big play makers by going right.back to them. It’s been noticeable last coue games. When Solomin Enis made a good catch he was targeted next two or three plays in a row.

Really nice mix of defenses by Scalley last night. Players make the plays, but the calls helped stymie Wazzu.

Before we got out of our car, my daughter decided not to put on her frog togs. All first half she covered legs with a plastic poncho. Halftime she decided to put them on. Presto, no more rain. She says you’re welcome.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

@homer. Agreed. Oline needs to get better. Cal and Washington are much better at stopping the rush. Hoping for Moss to be 100% for those games. 

It is nice to know Utah has playmaking ability. Needs to be crisper and better.

I am still reeling over that intentional grounding @admin. That was the very definition of grounding. I guess he stepped once to his right and made it to the LOS. LOL. 

Anae was being held a lot. Most of the game. Penisini as well. 

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

Offensive line was way better but not sure that’s because of them improving or the talent level of WSU’s defense.

When I was watching the Washington USC game, I was thinking that the USC defense was actually fairly good.  They forced a fumble on the goal line by Washington as well. Washington got a break and recovered it in the endzone. 

I know that the Utes still have some struggles to overcome, but I couldn’t help but think that a couple of weird bounces made the difference between us losing to USC and USC losing to Washington. 

Last night’s game we showed what we can do when Moss isn’t on the field and we can be impressive.  I am hopeful for the rest of the season.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Random game thoughts while while getting rained and hailed on