Random thoughts on our off/bye Saturday.

Viewing 1 reply thread

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

We are not as good as we’d all hoped. Pretty much every year I look at the scoring happening with other Pac-12 teams and I think we’ll never outscore them.

This year may really be the year we can’t outscore anyone.

Games from last year and my prediction for points.

Arizona 2017 – 30 points, I’m taking the under.

Stanford 2017 – 20 points, I’m taking the under.

USC 2017 – 27 points, I’m taking the under.

ASU 2017 – 10 points, I’m taking over.

Oregon 2017 – 20 points, I’m taking the over but not more than 24.

UCLA 2017 – 48 points, I’m taking the under, but not by much, around 42.

WSU 2017 – 25 points, I’m taking over. About 27.

Washington 2017 – 30 points (Can I take way under????)

Colorado 2017 – 34 points, I’m taking the under, about 27.

BYU 2017 – 19 points, I’m taking over I think we can put up about 27 on them.

So which games do we win?

Arizona, I don’t think they’ll put up more than 17.

UCLA, they won’t score more than 17.

Colorado, though won’t score more than 24.

ASU, they are one dimensional, I think we’ll hold them below 20.

Which games do I think we’ll lose?

Stanford, unless we can defend their TEs we’re in serious trouble. I don’t think Love will go off for more than about 105 yards. But it should be about 17-13, settling for a FG instead of a TD does us in.

Oregon, I don’t see us shutting down their offense. 31-21 Oregon.

BYU, not a popular choice but I’m sticking with my old observation, the team with the Sr. QB against an underclassman has won this game for about the past 15-20 years. (No not every year did a team have a Sr. QB , but when they did advantage Sr. QB, this year the Sr. QB wouldn’t matter, but the team has bought into what Sitake is selling and it shows and our offense is anemic) 20-17 BYU

Toss ups

USC – Their QB has improved but I don’t think he’ll be good enough to score on us at will. I pick this one to be a tough one with the victor winning about 21-17.

WSU – I don’t think they defense is good enough to support their offense, but if Leach and the offense get rolling it could get ugly quick. My prediction WSU 24, Utah 17.

Sadly I don’t see any team other than Oregon putting up more than 30 on us, but our offense doesn’t give me hope we score more than 30 the rest of the season, except for against UCLA, they are horrible.

Last year we put up more than 30 points four times in conference. I think we’ll be lucky to do it twice, and the defense will likely contribute to both of those with either defensive TDs or getting the offense the ball within the 10.

I’m predicting pre-bowl anywhere from 6-6 to 7-5, I don’t see us winning 8 or 9 regular season.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Too bad Utes play USC late. Their high school senior QB (crazy JT was a junior in H.S. last year) is getting exponentially better and the USC receivers will be a big challenge for the Ute DBs. I don’t see Utah scoring any where close to 30 points unless the defense scores a couple TDs or Covey runs back a punt for a TD.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Random thoughts on our off/bye Saturday.