Ranking are an interesting thing

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Utah State remains 14th after what appeared to be a loss to a pathetic CSU team.  I doubt many voters know how that game was played or how it ended.  They probably just saw a score of 29-24 and a road win.  If that reciever’s foot was one inch to the left – USU would have an an embarassing loss and probably wouldn’t be ranked at all.  Don’t get me wrong – I want USU to be successful and I was astonished by their poor play yesterday afternoon.

Ohio State trailed all day to a team with no coach, a losing record and a backup QB.  It goes to OT and Maryland decides to go for two.  The receiver was wide open and the QB threw it a foot too far to the right.  OSU ends up in the top ten.  OSU has had a lot of struggles all season.  I give them credit for finding ways to win (except to a 5-6 Purdue).  I would love to play them in the Rose Bowl.  They are very beatable.

There are many other things with the rankings I disagree with and that will always be the case.  The FBS committee are taking a much deeper dive into all of this and the ranking they release Tuesday will not have USU in the top 20, mayne even not the top 25.  However, they seem to love Oklahoma inspite of a loss and many close calls including an OT win against Army.

This is what I hope happens.  Notre Dame, Clemson and Michigan win out.  Alabama loses to Georgia.  In that scenario will the committee which love Alabama – leave them out?  If they put them in – which of the other three would be replaced because Georgia would have to be in?

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Alabama is in no matter what.  don’t be silly.

UofM ( if they beat Urban) will be kicked to the curb..as ND beat them

alharmon
        @alharmon

Yes but that was the first game of the season, Michigan is a very different team since then, and they would have a conference championship despite ND being undefeated…I could see it going either way but I do think Michigan would be in.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I hate to say it but I think this Alabama team is the best in CFB history. Probably better than even Nebraska in the mid 90s.

alharmon
      @alharmon

Alabama would definitely be in, there’s absolutely no way they leave them out, Alabama could lose to Auburn and Georgia and would have a good shot at being in.

if Georgia were to beat Alabama they would definitely be in and I’m guessing that if Michigan were to win the Big Ten they would leave Notre Dame out. If they value conference championships at all like they claim to (unlike last year with Bama).

COFfrom83
      Ute Fan
      @coffrom83

bama could lose 4 games to FCS opponents and the committee would have them in the playoffs

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ranking are an interesting thing