@x723

S===

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

there are plenty of good R B coaches out there……..

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Quinton Ganther step on up.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Yeah… I mean, it stinks that it’s USC, but it’s actually a good thing for the program so long as we can replace him well. The opening should be a desirable one for up and coming RB coaches. It also shows that our RB room is well respected by one of the best coaches in the country.

So long as we can find an equal or better replacement, we will be better off going forward than we were with Mcdonald. With the identity we have established here, I dont think finding a replacement will be all that difficult. I am excited to get someone in the program that can bring something with them that we don’t already have. Maybe we get a former NFL player. Maybe we get a guy who can open up new recruiting avenues. Maybe we move an existing coach to the RB position and hire someone at their position that brings something unique to the table. 

I can’t see a way of making this work, but if we could move someone over to RB coach to make room for a certain famous bearded Ute alum that would be pretty phenomenal (I know it’s not happening but let me dream a little).

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

100% this ^^^

Let’s not forget that McDonald was brought by Taylor from EWU. There wasn’t a single Utah fan who had ever heard of him before that. He also wasn’t responsible for Utah’s RB reputation which had been forged by John White and DeVontae long before McDonald got to the hill.

If there are two positions that just the name Utah should be enough to recruit for, it is RB and DLine. Grab the guy who just got let go by UW. Bhonapha (sic?). He’s brought in a ton of talent that was used poorly in Seattle.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

We’ll be fine…RB’s know Utah runs it and runs it well.

That said, Kiel probably won’t be the only one moving on. Success breeds opportunity and that’s ok…plenty of good coaches out there that view this as a great spot.

Don’t love him going to a rival but it is what it is.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football RB coach gone to USC