Reading way too much?

Viewing 4 reply threads

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

What are people’s thoughts on the spring game rosters? Brewer and jqj are both on the stacked offensive red team with Costeli and other at qb on the black. Could this mean jqj is pushing for 2nd string already?  Do they want to feature Costeli on the black so we don’t get a J Tuttle situation?   I know it may be too much reading in to it. Just need some football action!  Thoughts?

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Opening line is Red Team at -14

HCHooligan
      Ute Fan
      @hchooligan

Spring game has never seemed to show much from a depth chart perspective. It’s never seemed to mean a ton to the coaching staff – they’re only hope is no one gets injured.

I’m trying to consider the alternative..? Brewer and Costelli on red and JQJ & other on black? Sixes either way.

U *might* be reading a little too much into it….?

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Based on comments that Whitt made the other day about jqj I got the impression that he was in fact improving such that the expected 2 man competition in the fall might end up being a three man competition (not that there is any chance he starts, but more to see which of the three ends up as the #2 guy).

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’m thinking Brewer doesn’t play long. The way Whitt is talking, he pretty much has it locked up until fall camp. Spring isn’t usually much to hang your hat on, just a time to get reps in. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

agree. the spring game isn’t about getting starters reps. it’s a chance to see the rest of the roster in game-like conditions to see who steps up.

There’s a reason you hear a lot of different names in Spring and early Fall camp and then they disappear. Whit won’t learn anything from another scrimmage with Brewer getting the majority of reps. He will get a better idea of how much progress Jackson and Costelli made over the last month and have tape for them to review and build off of. The same goes for other positions. It doesn’t matter how many catches other TE’s get tomorrow, barring injury Kuithe will still start every game in 2021.

Dallas
          Ute Fan
          @dallas

Would be fun to see JQJ and Costelli lead their teams against each other.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Reading way too much?