Realignment

Viewing 4 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Whitt said multiple times at media day that he believes this is just the beginning of a major move towards CFB becoming a new minor league that will be hardly recognizable from today’s landscape.

With that said, if the B1G’s new commish doesn’t act boldly to counter Sankey (ie merge with the PAC) I wouldn’t be surprised if Sankey forces the B1G’s hand by raiding the ACC next and expanding beyond 20 teams. That might even be better because the B1G would then have to expand to take the PAC teams.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

He’s not wrong.  Think of the changes that have happened recently: the transfer portal, NIL, and now the SEC doing a mass consolidation (and all under ESPN’s umbrella).  If it smells like a professional league and acts as a professional league… it’s probably a professional league.

1 3

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Three year college football requirement needs to go away as well. NFL teams are more than capable of developing young players in a developmental league preparing them for the NFL rather than players wasting time going to class that don’t want to be there. Players could choose either route. Scholarships could be better allocated to the football players committed to getting a degree that may or may not have the option to go pro. The percentage of kids going pro is small anyway. Let the higher level players get to it right away. Similar to the way the minor league and college baseball programs works. 

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Go Utes!

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Who cares about semi pro anything. It’s the college connection that’s special. Cant wait for the changes to be over and done with.

Sanders
        Ute Fan
        @sanders

I agree seriously who cares about the minor league of any sport.

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

This would only be better if Utah would be invited to the B1G Pac-12 merger. I hope we would be. I’m biased but I believe Utah has done enough academically and football/basketball wise to deserve a potential invite

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.