Reality check

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Let me preface this by saying I hope Utah wins big tomorrow and we do win the rest of our games.

We have played 5 games this season.  Throw out Weber because it is meaningless for numerous reasons.  Many are looking at the way we played against Stanford (excellent) and suppose that is the way we will play the rest of the season.  What about the other three games?  If we just got some players back, I would say the last game means more than the rest.  

The reality is we have played two horrible games offensively, one okay game (WSU) and one very good game.  Many have said that the reason things turned around is that we gave the ball more to Moss.  We tried in the other games and had little success.  So, we went away from the run.  Yes, Moss may have been hobbled a bit, but still – the offense was terrible.

Have we turned the corner?  I hope so.  But, you know Arizona and every othe team will stack the box against us.  Moss cannot do this on how own.  Arizona played a decent defensive game last Saturday.  We will not be able to run through them at will.  We need to mix it up much like we did last Saturday. 

I hope that the Utes from the Stanford game show up tomorrow and not the Utes from NIU.

Go Utes.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

WSU was a winnable game, crap happens, and we were in it against the Fuskies for most of the game.

We’re good. You’ll see. Pac-12 South champs!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

They say you’re never as good as your best win (Stanford) and you’re never as bad as your worst loss (Wazzu). While we’re favored in our remaining games, the chances of running the table are slim. I say we drop 2 more and win the rest. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I was nowhere as discouraged by the WSU game as some of you. I thought the effort was better than ok, it was questionable penalties and/or mental mistakes that cost us the most, and not running enough the 2nd half.

I admittedly didn’t watch the AZ game last weekend, but heard they are statistically something like 109th in the nation at defending the run. Didn’t Moss average 8ypc against Stanford? AZ is just not as stout as Stanford.
      I am actually hoping to see more of Shyne this weekend, especially the 2nd half. Moss needs to be in good form for USC.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

I felt the same way, and as cliché as it is, I think that will be a quality loss. The thing that discouraged me and probably most people was that we had a chance to win and blew it. Same thing with UW. Those losses hurt the most and cause the most pessimism. AZ really struggles on all aspects of the game. Most of their homers don’t think it will be very close, one of their insiders even predicted a 28-7 loss to Utah. The Vegas line has only moved .5 in their favor leaving us at -13.5. I hope we come out on fire, because they could still sneak out a win like they did with Cal, but every way you match it up, Utah is better.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
          Ute Fan
          @mcastleton928

I agree. Remember, this is the Arizona team who lost to BYU at home. Utah had better win convincingly or I’ll be pretty TO’d.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Reality check