Receivers Coach Taylor Stubblefield Is Gone – Who's Next?

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Changes in the “throw game” have begun. Let’s hope they make the right moves.

Who, if anyone, is next?

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

WR has been a weakness since forever, but especially bad since ARod stopped coaching them.

Hopefully we will get a QB coach with an actual track record of developing QBs at a high level.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I don’t think there will be any more changes. Scalley tweeted no changes in defense and I doubt anyone on the offensive staff gets hired away. Troy Williams and Tyler Huntley signed on with the understanding that Arod would be the coach. I’m excited about these two guys and I suspect things are going to just keep rolling along.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Sources close to Ute football have told me Whittingham will be fired soon only to be scooped up by the TDS as their new DC and Special Teams coach. Enjoy!

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

We need to get more senior citizens on our coaching staff. Mack Brown doesn’t know it yet, but desperately he wants to coach the WR position at Utah.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

Every year it’s the same thing. How do we fix the O? Every year I hope we make a little progress to give me hope, and every year right about now I am bummed that we had another great D without an O to make the team really great.

I used to give KW a pass, but I am starting to come around to the idea he just can’t figure out what needs to be done or can’t identify the person to do what he wants.

I love KW and want him to stay because he is a great representative of the U and appears to run a great program, but I’m starting to thing we will never develop an offensive identity.

Its sad because I can’t help but think it and I’d much rather be happy with what a good ride this year was and how much I like this group of seniors.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Trust me, Whitt knows what he’s doing. This comes down to recruiting and Utah has just failed miserably on the recruitment of skill position players, particularly QB and WRs. Salt Utah seems to recruit fine on defense, but QB and WR positions have been a conundrum. Hopefully, it’s turning around.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rumors I’m hearing are that Whitt has reached out to Steve Smith to become the next Receivers coach. If true that would be huge. Imagine the impression A future NFL Hall of Famer would make on recruits? Utah has desperately needed such a recruiting presence on these skill position players. Utah just does not show well in the inner city where the bulk of these kids come from.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t follow the NFL at all. Is Steve Smith still playing?

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Receivers Coach Taylor Stubblefield Is Gone – Who's Next?