Recruiting

Viewing 5 reply threads
      1 2

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

From what I can glean, it looks like this recruiting class is starting to take a turn for the worse. Surprised after all the guys we put in the nfl last year, a top 25 class recruiting class, that one .500 season would kill all of our momentum. Early on it was looking promising but we seem to be missing out all of our top targets and rumblings are that the untouchable king tut isn’t so solid anymore. I’d be surprised if our class is top 50 this year, which is incredibly disappointing. Felt like we had a chance to really take some steps forward as a program if we could build on our momentum from the last couple classes, but this may end up being our worst class in years. I really hope I’m wrong, but things will have to change pretty drastically between now and signing day and I don’t see that happening. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

We had so much momentum recruiting. Our Stanford visitor list was insane. Then we went 1-5 in the last 6

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

Yep, surprising to me how quickly things seemed to turn. Finishing out with a couple wins and a bowl win certainly wouldn’t hurt. Hopefully we can pull off the upset today.

3 1

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I’m not too worried.  I remember last year a lot of us were wondering why we only had 1 or 2 commits for the class late into the season but then come signing day 2017 ended up being touted as probably the best recruiting class we ever pulled.  Having said that, it would ease a lot of people’s insecurities if some of these guys signed during the early signing period next month.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

We were also nationally ranked at the end of last season 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

@Sweetness

Where are you hearing Tuttle is becoming less interested? I’m not saying you’re wrong but I just haven’t heard this. I would be surprised if he didn’t commit, given how vocal he has been about the Utes. I even remember him saying how important loyalty is to him and that he’s loyal to Utah. I guess kids can say anything but it would be a little disappointing if he changed his mind.

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

There was a wisconsin insider that crystal balled him to Wisconsin a couple weeks ago and maybe it was just reaction to that, but there was some chatter on twitter about him wavering a little.

2 2

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

If we start losing recruits wholesale then its time for an organizational change before it spirals. Until we win the conference I will never get over a team that placed 16 guys not winning the division.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

That 16 has diminished to 9 that are actually signed according to espn. Bolles, M. Williams, J. Williams, Asiata, Tevi, Porter, Allen, Pita T., and Hatfield. Still impressive, but not nearly the 16-19 that were on rosters before the season started.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah I think people overestimate how many made it. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Or if you really want to make it Spiral change organizations. Whitt is part of the Utah brand at this point. Retiring is the only option for it right now and that won’t happen until 2021 or so. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

What happens this time of year is the big dogs start looking around to see who they can poach of vulnerable schools. It looks like we may lose a lineman to Washington, for example. Still some kids honor their commitments they made earlier. That’s why it’s good to not get too high or too low on a recruiting class until the ink is dry on the LOIs and you know what you actually have. If you’re faint of heart it’s probably better to not follow it too closely throughout the year.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.