Recruits to Watch

Viewing 6 reply threads

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

So, as the recruiting period winds down, anyone we should be watching?

Just looking at the list of offers we have on 247, I see a few where we’re listed as warm.

Zahquan Frazier – JUCO transfer CB from Kansas (HS in Georgia), 87.3 composite, #10 JUCO rank.  Warm schools are listed as us, Kentucky, UT-San Antonio and Miss St.  Crystal ball for UT-San Antonio (a month old, prior to us offering)

Justius Lowe – ATH out of Oregon, no composite rating, 87 from 247.  Warm schools listed are us, Arizona, Arizona St, Oregon, Oregon St.  Two crystal balls to Utah (both today)

Dallas Vakalahi – DL out of Utah, 85.77 composite, #903 nationally.  Us and Oregon St listed as “warmer” with TCU and UCLA as “warm”.  Two crystal balls to Utah, one from October, one yesterday

Jovantae Barnes – RB out of Vegas, 95.3 composite, #170 nationally (#15 RB).  7 schools listed as warm include us, Bama, Oklahoma, Florida St, USC, Miami and Ole Miss.  5 crystal balls, all to Oklahoma, but 4 of those are months old (prior to departure of Lincoln Riley).

Kaeo Akana – LB out of Hawaii, currently a Boise St commit.  87.9 composite, #520 nationally.  As mentioned, currently a Boise commit, but crystal ball from a week ago has him flipping to us with high confidence.

Anyone else I should be watching/hoping for?  Feels like we’re a little light on the lines this cycle.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

We have a bunch of young lineman already in the fold on both O and D. David Fotu and Big Pepa will be very impactful in the future and the o-line will add a couple of massive bodies this Wednesday. Lines are in a really good spot at this point for the next few years.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

What is the greatest need for this class? Are we in need of more CBs or Safeties?

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

TE, Edge, LB, WR. WR most likely via the portal. Have our QB’s, OL and RB.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Good to know the depth for CB and Safety is all good. Kyle always talked about how hard it was to find great CBs and Edge rushers, I can’t imagine he would ever pass up a great opportunity there. I am hoping that we have one of the top 3 TEs stay to help the ‘process’ wash over to the new guys. We have a lot of young LBs with expectations, I expect we can never have too many. The portal for WR makes so much sense, I am hoping for a very game ready receiver.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

“We”  – wink

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

Sidney Mbanasor, TE is one perhaps in the mix

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

SM just committed to us…..We beat out TT for him.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Justin Medlock, LB out of Texas. Although he just got a crystal ball for TCU.

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

Keith Olson (OT).  Was a USC commit, but has decommited and looks like Utah has a good chance of picking him up.

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

George Tarlas from Weber State is a name out there too

Kayden
        Ute Fan
        @runniute6

George tarlas committed to Boise state.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

I don’t follow recruiting much, but I recently caught wind of some juicy info.  Apparently, recruiting for 2022, years.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Recruits to Watch