Remember SoCalPat from UFN a few years ago and the book he pimped ad nauseam?

Viewing 4 reply threads
      6 1

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

It was a f***ng cookie cutter, prefab bulls**t hack job. I bring this up because he pulled a real chicken s**t move on UFN. After he pimped his book for a good 6 months leading up to Christmas, he pretty much told everyone to f*** off and left the board.

There is one “written” for just about every school.

Nice “writing” SoCalPat.

I’m glad I never bought one.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I’ll give this trolling effort 4.3 Mooses (on a 5 scale).

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

I don’t consider myself an anonymous poster. I wouldn’t post anything I wasn’t willing to say to someones face. I’ve met Pat Shelton and he’s a prick.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

That is fine, but it just seems out of character for you to talk smack about somebody who doesn’t even visit this website.

And it is Sheltra.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

And your point in bringing this up is…?

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

I’m bitter, and I have a long memory. Many posters on that board, at that time were his customers. He’s a little bitch prick and what he did is unforgivable. He literally crapped on his customers. Come to find out he really didn’t “write” a damn thing even though he wants you to think he’s a great American sports writer.

https://www.google.com/search?q=100+things+fans+should+know&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS750US750&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjV6KTI28fVAhUE2oMKHVg3DuwQ_AUIDSgE&biw=1535&bih=817

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Sure it is a template book, but so what? He still had to fill in all the details with his own research.

I bought one as a gift about 4-5 years ago when it first came out. It was fun and enjoyable, and was full of forgotten tidbits of history.

He still posts on UFN, UtahBy5, and a few other places (don’t know about here). But like all the cool kids these days his conversation has moved mostly to Twitter.

You are on Twitter, iirc. Why don’t you ask him about it there, instead of on a website he doesn’t frequent?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I think the “100 Things…” concept was a generic one that a publisher came up with and marketed.  That doesn’t mean he didn’t write it.  Its like saying the authors of the “Whatever for Dummies” books didn’t write their books.

I only knew SoCalPat through UFN; I recall he had some strong opinions. I didn’t always agree with him, but never personally had an issue with him.   I didn’t buy his book; I thought the title sounds like a click-bait web thing, so there’s that.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

I questioned whether he wrote it at the time and everyone gave me crap.  He had quotes in there from Mac that flat out contradicted things Mac told me personally.  

Having said that, I found that life is much simpler and happier if I ignore arrogant, self righteous pricks like Pat.  So I do.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Yea, I never considered Pat an author, more of an editor/compiler. He was working in the news media at the time and it seemed to me he was approached by someone to put it together as part of a series. I’ve had my run ins with him on the various boards because he seemed to have some stilted knowledge about Utah. That said the book is still pretty interesting for Ute fans and in spite of your feelings about him, it is something I would recommend most fans read.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Remember SoCalPat from UFN a few years ago and the book he pimped ad nauseam?