Reports : Utah meeting with Big 12 tomorrow

Viewing 5 reply threads

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

I’m seeing lots of reports stating Utah, as well as AZ, ASU, & CO are scheduled to meet with the Big 12 tomorrow – 7/5. 

While Utah getting into either the Big 10 or the SEC is possible, it does not seem likely. 

If the Big 12 were to add all 4 schools named above, it would strengthen the Big 12. And the Utes would be in a Conference, that currently appears to have a future…  It’s possible, at some point, it could get raided though. LOL…

This is not awesome, but it may be in Utah’s best interest. It’s hard to see any Big 12 schools wanting to join the current PAC 12. It’s also hard to imagine a scenario where Oregon & Washington stay, (long term), in the PAC 12. 

Thoughts on Utah jumping (if offered), to the Big 12? 

GO UTES !!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It’s probably the best move for now. As you stated, UW and UO more than likely won’t be in the PAC 10 for long. Once they go, it’s over. Might as well be proactive and join the Big 12 now. If the BIG or SEC come calling, then leave the big 12. Better safe than sorry.

Daren Oddenino
      Ute Fan
      @odd-ute

I think the big 12 is best because it allows you to recruit Florida and Texas better given the footprint

utahby05
        Ute Fan
        @utahby05

Correct. For a long time, TX has been a state Utah has focused on, in recruiting. And, mostly thanks to Dennis Ericson, Utah has also made recruiting FL a priority. And recruitiing efforts in those states have paid off.

If Utah were to become a member of the Big 12 – that move would be a positive, in terms of recruiting TX, FL, and other states in the South. 

GO UTES !!

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Very salient points by the two of you!

We need to whoop up our new league so when the next round comes, we’re looking mighty fine to the decision makers. Winning will drive interest, will drive ratings, will drive the invite!

And having a conference with a recruiting hotbed is key! The pac doesn’t have that.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Make no mistake: The Big 12 would only be serving as our life raft until an eventual B1G invite.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

A lots gonna go down before the season starts. B12 seems to be Utah’s only option at this point. If true, B10 likely told Utah, ASU, and AZ you better find a home right now because there are no plans to invite you at this point. UW and OU on the other hand have to be holding invites from the B10 waiting to sort out the legal rangling with WSU and OSU, also in a holding pattern waiting for the ND domino to fall.  UW and OU have been very, very low key since the big announcement. Stanford and Cal are no way going to be left out. All guess work of course, next week will be intersesting.

The complacency of P12 ADs, Presidents, and Kliavkoff got them snot bubbled by USC and UCLA’s stealth dealing with the B10. As cozy Kliavkoff has been with USC it’s crazy how he did not have any intel on what was happening behind the scenes. Larry Scott did his number, but man, he had a solid supporting cast contributing to the P12 meltdown. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Cal isn’t going anywhere.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Disagree… nothing kliavkov could have done to fix Larry Scott’s inside job. Dude failed harder at his job than maybe anyone in any job ever.

He tanked a rock solid organization selling a historically popular product. Dude is seriously maybe the worst employee of anything ever (excluding those who committed serious crimes as employees).

Paul
      Ute Fan
      @isufan

Iowa State fan here. I’m really excited about the prospect of Utah coming to the B12. I know we aren’t your 1st choice but I have nothing but respect for your school/program. Hope to y’all in Ames soon.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I am also in the Big-12 footprint, as much as I’d like to see the Utes come to my state and get better coverage in local media, I think the Big-12 would be a step down from the Pac-12, even without USC and UCLA — Utah would giving up on a relationship with very strong academic partners like Cal, Stanford, Washington.   Different story if Wash and Oregon leave, though.   Lots of talk around here about Ariz schools possibly looking to Big-12.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Reports : Utah meeting with Big 12 tomorrow