Request to Coach Larry K…

Viewing 3 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

When there’s less than 2 minutes left and you’re protecting a 5-point lead, please put a token guy in the backcourt so the other team can’t save 5-8 secs of the clock by rolling the ball to half court before touching it.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

That’s a play that’s always bugged me and I’m not sure why. Just seems weird that the ball is in play and can roll down the floor for 10 seconds without the clock running.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yep, mildly aggravating.  If I were coaching I’d work on a trick play where you pretend you’re sauntering back on D, and then turnaround and go for the ball.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

YES. I was going nuts about that last night, and every game in this situation.  Make them eat clock.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Larry saw it against USC early. It’s called a full court press. You stop that s**t with a press. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I can see the logic of not pressing.  Once the press is broken there’s the chance for an easy, and quick, layup on the other end.  Having the defense set-up as they bring the ball up can help the half-court defense at least make them use up clock to get an open shot.   That said, why not have just one guy stay back to keep the opponent honest versus the stupid roll-out “save the clock” play?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Don’t even need to press. Just force the dude to pick up the dribble and start the clock.  Just get near him.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Request to Coach Larry K…