RES needs to be BANGIN

Viewing 5 reply threads
      10 9

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Feeling kinda spicy. If you care about the Utes and their success this season, then we need RES to be as loud as humanly possible. That means no masks if you’re at a home game. Not trying to cause anything, just want as much noise as possible. Please keep it civil, we’re all on the same team here. Go Utes

14 8

Dugway
      Ute Fan
      @dugway

Then require proof of vaccination before entering the stadium. This is not a difficult problem to solve.

10 8

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Clown award goes to CB_Ute today for giving fans health advise instead of listening to the health experts to make their best choice.  Please keep it civil, we’re all on the same team here.  

10 6

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

People should just let others live their lives.

If you are vaccinated, you are at essentially zero risk of serious illness from covid. Stop worrying about what others do. Live your life.

If you are not vaccinated, you are at varying degrees of risk from covid (young/health: nearly zero risk of serious illness; old/unhealthy: some risk of serious illness). Regardless, they have made their choice.

Either way, let people make their choices. Live your life. Stop being asshat hall monitors.

4 4

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

I agree! So long as people living their lives doesn’t put me in harm’s way. 

5 4

SOWhat
            Ute Fan
            @sowhat

Dwight, your hope that someone else has your best interest in mind is understandable but misplaced, your best interest is in your own hands. If you are not taking the steps to lesson the chances of getting COVID, that’s your choice. If you do everything you need to and still contract it you cannot lay the blame on some unknown person or event. You know your health situation, it’s all on you, you are the one in control.
            Best wishes, and GO UTES!!

3 1

Dwight89
              Ute Fan
              @jordan-buckner

Great, by that logic I have no need to abide by traffic laws, carry car insurance, because it’s all up to the other drivers on the road to care for themselves. Sounds like a plan! 

Stone
                Ute Fan
                @stone

Is it in your best interest (in terms of safety) to no longer abide by traffic laws? 

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I agree.  Entry is slow enough with tickets and controlling contaband.  After all the effort to determine vaccine status, vaccinated folks can still be asymptomatic.  Masks are not as effective as some assume.  Thankfully, every game will be on TV and there is a wonderful secondary market for tickets.  Game by game, if you feel the likelyhood of possible harms way or are high risk, you have the option to sell your tickets and wait for the next game.  I expect as we open up the process of the day will not be suitable to 100% so back up plans should be in place at the individual level.  Currently my plan relates to me with little requirement for others to act. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Tony, put up a poll that is something like this:

Utah should require the following for all home football games:

1. Vaccination required and wear masks

2. Vaccinations required or negative test – no masks

3. All fans are required to wear masks

4. No restrictions

If we have a poll, Ute fans can weigh in on this without taking a public stand.

8 1

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Moved this one to the Politics category… 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

No doubt the games will be played as scheduled. How many fans if any will be in the stadium is TBD at this point considering the current trend. No one expected the current state back when the school leaders said we’re going full attendance. Utah will do what the P12/California schools tell them to do in terms of allowed attendance.

The way things are going the next few weeks will be very interesting. A roughly 50% combined full vaccination rate for all the P12 school states is not going to help the matter when the P12 leaders sit around the table before the season starts. Not taking a stand one way or another, only pointing out this is likely a factor especially for the California schools. Hope I am wrong on all of this and the RES is packed! Go Utes!

Viewing 5 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics RES needs to be BANGIN