Rewatching games from last year

Viewing 2 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

First up: the bowl game.

Utah played fairly well in this one. I remember how tense it was for so much of the game, but without the in the moment emotions, I realized how we controlled this game pretty much from kick to whistle.

Some thoughts, Huntley played well, but not amazing. His decision making in the zone read in the red zone was really good, despite what some would say. TH needs fewer touches between the 20s. Wilson’s best asset was using the handoff to set up the keep. That said, dear sports writers, there was no TD by Huntley wherein he could have given it to Moss and walked in. Both would have had to shake a guy and the read was right since the DE crashed in you dolts.

WTF was going on with that punt. Terrible blocking.

Utah’s defense was lights out.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The punting problem was with the long snapper. I think Whitt has said that the best long snappers get the ball there at 0.6 secs. That 0.6-0.8 is the goal. And we were consistently around 1 sec last year. 

We were terrible. That is why we brought in Maddie Golden. AAAAAaaaannnnndddd, I think there is more to the story when it comes to Gay’s sudden amazing kicking. Yes, Gay is amazing. Yes, he is the best kicker in the country. BUT, having a perfect snap makes everything so much easier. Sooooo much easier. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

He was 2-2 from 60+ today.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Do you think any of Mitch wish’s punts were more than just long snapper issues throughout the season? Was he hurt last year? Maybe it was just me, but it felt like he was much less of a weapon last season. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I seem to recall thinking he had a bad wheel.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

He seemed just fine until after the fake punt. From that point on he seemed to be struggling. I wonder if he was hurt on that run?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rewatching games from last year