Rewatching Utah vs BYU 2017

Viewing 3 reply threads

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

– This game was not as close as the scoreline suggested.

– BYU’s lack of a running game was comical. BYU fans will blame it on Detmer’s offensive scheme, but what it really boils down to is that team had/has no talent in the backfield.  It puts so much pressure on whoever the QB is.  I think Mangum is an okay QB but he looked like garbage because the offense was so one dimensional.  Until BYU makes some strides in this area, I don’t see the win streak ending any time soon.

– Darren Carrington was so productive.  I don’t know how they replace him this year.  He bailed Huntley out several times.

– Huntley was too much for BYU to contain.  He looked inexperienced and sloppy, but still had almost 400 yards of offense.  BYU had a hard time when he got out of the pocket for both runs and passes.

– Zach Moss was absent.  Hopefully, he picks up where he left off at the end of last year and plays like he did against West Virginia, Colorado, and UCLA.  Hopefully, Huntley gives him the ball too, as he only had 11 carries.

– So many low snaps….

– Utah has to be better at red zone execution in 2018.  This game would have been over by halftime if Utah could have executed in the red zone.

– I’m so glad we still have Gay and Wishnowsky.  They were both phenomenal.

1 2

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I think Whitt’s biggest knock is execution. There’s zero reason except failed execution for that game to even be close for the last three years…

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Name a category that TDS is superior in. From the AD down to the water boy I can’t think of a single position they have an edge. You are 99.9% correct on all accounts. Except that .1% which is the emotional aspect that goes into that game. He plays not to lose instead of playing to win. 

Love Whitt but there will always be the emotional aspect that goes into that game. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I can name 5-6 categories tds is superior in off the top of my head: smugness, arrogance, superiority, pattern baldness, douchebagness, ice cream eating.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Indeed categories that matter. I would say Holmoe got one over Hill for scheduling the game in November. 

Utebeam
            Ute Fan
            @utebeam

Cougar Tails…..

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

Hopefully with some consistency at QB and OC, the red zone execution improves this year.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Every year we hope our red zone efficiency improves. Maybe this time it will.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

If I remember right, our redzone efficiency was over 70% TD’s scores the last 3 or 4 games of the season.

If we can carry that through, we will win 10+.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rewatching Utah vs BYU 2017