Rolovich out at Wazzou

Viewing 8 reply threads
      18 14

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Vaccine refusal. Religious exemption denied. He was highest paid state employee at 3 million a year. Play stupid games, wins stupid prizes, Nick.

7 11

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Thoughts and prayers

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

nvm

7 2

juan know well
      Ute Fan
      @juanknowwell

I’d get the vaccine twice to keep that salary.

3 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I hear a couple of other coaches were also fired.  They will have a difficult time putting a gam-plan togehter.  This helps BYU for sure.

12 12

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

I wonder what the religious exemption attempt was like.  “Jesus wants me to take my chances.  Thats why I don’t wear a seatbelt neither.”

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I wish they could have waited a week.

UtesRock
        Ute Fan
        @utahrockon

No one’s going to thumbs down that spin. Good one. 😀

12 10

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Rolovich was selfish and stupid, and just torpedoed his team’s entire season.  And for what?  So he could still be a danger to others?  Because he wants the ‘guvmint to know they can’t tell HIM what to do?  Because this is ‘Murica?  It wasn’t for that alleged “religious” reason, because he’s Catholic, and there’s no known prohibition from the Vatican that forbids getting vaccinated.

#NotATeamPlayer

8 4

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

I have to agree with your assessment. My only caveat is that I agree taking the vaccine is a personal choice. Companies / government entities also have a right to protect their employees. What I am saying is your personal choice may cost you your job.

3 6

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I don’t mind them making it a requirement but the process was total BS. With all the months they had the powers to be should have ruled on the exemption with plenty of time to allow the vaccine if the exemption is denied. But to rule on the request for exemption on the same day to let him go is government that is not in the interest of any of us. Again, I support the requirement but the denial of the exemption should have come some time ago. Religion should not be a reason for exemption from a required vaccine. The only exemption should be if they can prove previous infection. Data from several studies, the last from ‘Nature’ shows greater immunity from infection than from vaccine. I am surprised this exemption has not been discussed more. By the way, the greatest or what they are calling ‘super immunity’ comes from infection, recovery and the vaccine.

The very poor process to get this done has been very unfair to the many interests of WSU football. There are better ways to this end. Still, Rolovich completely mishandled this whole thing.

6 5

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

It is a very complex issue and many of these comments have over simplified the process to bigotry in the form of just a joke.  This recent NPR article is very informative:

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/28/1041017591/getting-a-religious-exemption-to-a-vaccine-mandate-may-not-be-easy-heres-whyf

I also feel an antibody test should be more than enough to stop a required vaccine. It is very much an established scientific fact that these particular vaccines don’t establish immunity or prevent the spread of Covid and variants. Boosters are starting to be rolled out. One of the many complaints I have with this whole mandatory vaccination process is the roll out. The goal is to erradicate the virus in all humans to stop the spread. With a moving goal post of vaccines rollout based on supply and availability. I don’t see how they ever intend to the stop the spread. 

Risk factors are also just another point. This Virus is almost 99% survivalable if you lack risk factors. Like age, and overall health. 

3 2

UrbanLiar
            Ute Fan
            @urbanliar

WTF? “It is very much an established scientific fact that these vaccines don’t establish immunity or prevent the spread of Covid and variants.” I’m sincerely hoping you misstated that sentence. No vaccine is 100% effective but these vaccines have been proven to be statistically significantly effective in providing reliable leverage over the virus. These results have been validated in objective peer reviewed studies. I seriously hope your perception is different than what you actually wrote.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Rolovich out at Wazzou