“Rose Bowl or Bust”

Viewing 3 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I know some fans have their sights still set on the playoffs while others are praying for a Rose Bowl bid. I have read a lot of tweets and posts from Utah fans saying how upset they would be if, after losing in the Pac-12 championship, they get passed up by the Rose Bowl for a more attrative USC team or a WSU team with only 1 conference loss.

The question i would like to propose is this, if the Rose Bowl selects another Pac-12 team and Utah is still ranked in the top 10 of the final playoff ranking, would you be happy if they are selected as an at-large for another New Year’s Six? It hasn’t been talked much, but I could see one of the Pac-12 teams potentially ending up in the Sugar Bowl.

Utah vs LSU would be awesome. Imagine Joe Williams vs Leonard Fournette.

It isn’t the Rose, but it would still be sweet.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rose Bowl is local to me; Sugar Bowl is not. We’ve been to the Sugar Bowl. I’ll go to the Rose, but I’ll watch the Sugar.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I’ve also heard the cotton bowl mentioned

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

You’re correct, in fact the Cotton Bowl may even be more likely. Western Michigan is the most likely G5 participant for the New Year’s Six bid and thus would be our opponent. I think its likely both fan bases would be disappointed with that matchup. I’m sure Western Michigan would prefer to play a more brand name team to prove themselves against.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’ve heard that the Rose has to take the runner up but I’ve also heard they’re free to choose. I have no idea which is correct.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football “Rose Bowl or Bust”