Rose Bowl, Oregon’s prize win or lose?

Viewing 3 reply threads

LVUte
      Ute Fan
      @texute

Of course I’m hoping we take the ship and head to CFP, seems like the quacks get same bowl with either outcome in Santa Clara, is this correct? Assuming LSU takes down Georgia. Anyways, always a great day to be a Ute, what an awesome team we have. I miss our great kickers, but it’s been nice to not have rely on kicking much this year.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

SC might be higher ranked than Oregon after they lose to Utah. PAC12 teams drop like rockets after a loss. 

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

Lots of pieces fell into place today, but the only thing that keeps us out of CFP at this point if we win out is if Georgia beats LSU… can’t see how they exclude either of those teams if that happens, so we’d be the odd man out. If we beat Oregon I doubt they drop below USC in the rankings, and I can’t imagine the Rose Bowl would pick a P12 representative who didn’t appear in the CCG. So, weirdly, Oregon goes to the Rose Bowl no matter what *if LSU beats Georgia*… !!!

Mule
        Ute Fan
        @mule

I’ve been thinking, if Georgia wins, I’m not sure the committee leaves out a 1 loss PAC12 champion AND a 1 loss Big12 champion. LSU would have had their chance and lost. Put in either Utah or Oklahoma. Otherwise, what’s the point of the regular season and conference championships!?

(That said, Go Tigers!)

gothamute
          Ute Fan
          @gothamute

All of the computer simulators agree with you… but I just doubt the humans would

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

nm

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Assuming OSU, Clemson, and Utah all win, and then Georgia wins comfortably, I think LSU will drop out of the top 4.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Disagree. I think it gives them a great reason to include two sec schools. Tin foil hat on. Also Utah may not get fifth because of Oklahoma winning a ranked Okie st. 

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Close loss and I agree. 13 or more point victory for the Bulldogs and I think the committee drops LSU from the discussion. Oklahoma will still be a factor but I think the committee views our loss to USC as less bad than they do Oklahoma’s.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

EagleMountainUte:

Not necessarily.  Okahoma St will most likely fall out of the polls, so Oklahoma won’t have that “ranked” win.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Let’s not get confused. Win and we’re in the Rose Bowl. The Utes can’t control anything else.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

There you are man. I missed you in chat. You are not allowed to leave for the Ccg. 

1 1

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I’m not gonna be around for chat. I got a Christmas party that night I’m not going to miss. It is what it is. :/ I’ll be keeping an eye on it on my old phone probably. Stupid Friday night game.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rose Bowl, Oregon’s prize win or lose?