Rose Bowl still the goal. Always was and always will be

Viewing 1 reply thread

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Now, theres more than one possible outcome of achieving that goal…Maybe that group of random people who collectively possess a suboptimal level of experience/knowledge/background relevant to what the committees primary objective SHOULD be, will walk into that room debate whatever their arbitrary criteria is that day, and walk out with Utah in the top 4. 

Man..I love that its November and we are in the CFP discussion. Keep winning and we will become a bigger and bigger part. In the last few weeks of the season, we could be a major part of the entire discussion. That would be a ton of fun and something I very much want.

But the goal is still to win the Pac 12 and go to the Rose bowl. We got ourselves back to the place where we control that outcome. We get to decide that. Not that the CFP isnt something to strive for…but theres just way too much completely out of our hands to make it happen. And, even if 95% of that stuff happens, it still comes down to human beings to decide based on their established ctiteria, all of which vary in level of impact/importance/relevance from week to week, and then whatever other criteria they decide on that day which, unlike the established criteria, may or may not be related to football or the playing of the football. But its ok, as I said they are Human beings, who certainly have figured out a way to eradicate all of their human bias and the inherent flaws of the human brain. On top of that, they have no doubt watched an adquate amount of games involving each team in the discussion as well as their respective conferences, for context.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Control what we can control.  If we win out, we go to the Rose Bowl or better.  Focus on every game.  This season has the chance to be very special.  

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rose Bowl still the goal. Always was and always will be