Rudest College Sports Fans

Viewing 6 reply threads

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

According to a fan poll, here are the rudest fanbases in college sports: https://www.playmichigan.com/worst-behaved-college-football-fans/
      Of interest to us:
      #2 Ohio St. (next up for us)
      #7 Michigan (my experience being an away fan was very different. They were great to my group)
      #9 ASU (validates that most of us believe they are total dicks)
      #12 Penn St. (I agree. The NIT Championship game at Madison Square Garden was one of the worst “away” experiences I’ve ever had)
      #17 Arizona (Though I get why they use so much foul language)
      #20 BYU-Provo Campus (Turns out we’re not the only ones who think they’re arrogant)
      #24 UCLA (they have fans?)

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Many of us have experienced the home fans when visiting that team in Provo, but given that Michigan is high u on the poll and Oregon wasn’t listed (and many here give me the impression that Ann Arbor is a much friendlier place to visit than Eugene) I wonder how valid this listing is.

Agree with ASU though. Haven’t watched a Utah-ASU game there, but been there as a neutral fan to watch ASU-Arizona game and the Sun Devil fans seems on the unpleasant side.  (That was a fun game to watch where Wildcats won in a blowout and a brawl between the teams broke out on the field after the game when Arizona players celebrated by dancing and stomping on the Sparky logo at midfield).

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Oregon fans have been great on all three of my trips up there.

2 1

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

San Diego State should be there here tbh. Utah-SDSU basketball game at “Staples”/ Crypto center or whatever its called now was probably the worst game experience ive ever been to. Total assholes for fans.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

I second that, SDSU fans are seriously terrible.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Colorado and not even close. I’ve been to 2 tailgates in Boulder. They are probably close to the BYU fans rubbing our noses into their mythical national championship. 

Not sure why Colorado fans so rude. Maybe they need to smoke a little more weed?

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Maybe they *need* to smoke a little more weed… 😉

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I haven’t had any issues with UCLA fans at the Utes games I’ve been to in the Rose Bowl. My guess is there were a lot of USC people that voted.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

#1 Bama..is it Arrogance when they most likely are better? And know it?

SC fans have always been cool to me. The band thing is annoying when they come to RES but it has grown on me.

Washington fans are dicks. Same with Oregon.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’ve only attended “football” games, so I can only attest to THOSE experiences…

I went to the Utah-Michigan game back in 2014, but I didn’t notice any bad behavior.  At all.  They were all very friendly and accomodating.

I’ve attended several games at Penn St (albeit not vs. Utah).  They boo at the visiting teams when they run out of the locker room prior to the opening kickoff, but that’s it.  I’ve found them to be a great bunch of fans.

I’ve attended a couple games at Texas A&M.  I didn’t find anything wrong with them either, other than the fact that they’re a bit weird, in a “cultish” sort of way.  Not the “religious” cults mind you.  More of the MAGA, rednecky “Texas” cults.

I’ve attended two games at Arizona.  I expected their stadium to be a dump, but it really wasn’t that bad.  I don’t recall hearing any foul language.  It might have happened, but it was so “un-noteworthy”, I’d have to disagree with the writer’s assessment here too.

I’ve attended several games at BYU, and I have to say, the writer didn’t do them justice.  Their arrogance is off the charts.  Every time BYU drops a pass, they want a “Pass Interference” flag.  Every time their opponent gets a 1st-Down, or scores a TD, they want a “Holding” flag. Every time their QB gets sacked, they want a “Roughing the Passer” flag.  And they’re always accusing the refs of throwing the game the other way.  Tennessee isn’t the ONLY fan base known for throwing trash.  And as far as “foul language”….well Jiminy Crickets!  Gosh darn it all to heck!  If I ever hear another Elder drop one more fetching ‘substitute’ word, I will lose my crap.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I have had lots of interactions with other fans at RES, visited most MWC and Pac venues, attended most bowl games, both football and basketball. With one exception 95+% of all other fans are very friendly if we are, which is not at all worse than how our fans treat others. The exception is Y fans. Their athletes act like every penalty or foul is the first one ever and not deserved and their fans pick up on it and run. Generally, they are not sports fans at all, they are fans of winning. They have never seen a good game, it is simply binary, win or lose.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Rudest College Sports Fans