Rules were meant to be broken, the refs absolutely mailed it in. The Pac12…

Viewing 1 reply thread

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

…must be paying them to protect the North. I don’t usually blame things on the refs. They missed way too many calls and the replay crew missed just as many. Okay, we were sledding uphill due to the refs but really all complaints about the refs are negated by the following.

Huntley has about as much touch on short throws as a jugs machine turned to the max. I understand it is the receivers job to catch those balls, but really when multiple receivers are having the same problem, maybe it’s the QB.

Huntley doesn’t have very good touch on long balls either. Shelley had the nice pass to Dixon. And I think Huntley got lucky on the other one.

Huntley led Covey to the DBs way too many times. If Covey doesn’t have a broken rib, arm or shoulder after that game he’s made of rubber, okay at least bruised. The play calling between the 20s was not horrible tonight, but can we figure out how to put the ball in the end zone? What was Huntley thinking with that erratic throw over the receivers head in the end zone? That was UGLY!!!!!! Almost had another pick 6 this week. But it’s tough for a DLineman to hold onto the ball with as much wrap as they have on their forearms/hands. I don’t fault the Defense for this loss.

Okay back to the refs. I think they got both targeting calls wrong. Neither were where the defender launched, put their head down and both in my opinion were wrong. They don’t buzz down on the ball Covey caught then was stripped after he was already down. They don’t look at any of the possible targeting calls on UW. There were a few where I think they should have at least reviewed them. Huntley finally learns to slide and then gets targeted at his head/neck area and no review.

This one is going to hurt, not because we lost but because our offense looked bad in the loss. Our Defense and Special Teams can’t carry us for four quarters against UW, Stanford, and Oregon. I see all three of those as losses.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That Washington player straight up speared Huntley on that slide. Worst officiating game I have ever watched. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rules were meant to be broken, the refs absolutely mailed it in. The Pac12…