Rumor: Jack Tuttle to Indiana

Viewing 4 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

It would be nice to put this topic to bed.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Remind me of the transfer rules. Is he eligible to play immediately next year?

2 1

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

As of right now I believe he’ll have to sit next year.  Not sure exactly what the Big 10’s transfer rules are.  He may be able to apply for an exception or waiver.  I don’t know how his redshirt status works since he didn’t see any time during the season but he didn’t make it the whole season with us either.

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

My understanding of the new transfer rules:

Coaches can no longer block transfers to certain schools which means any transfer is immediately eligible to receive financial aid in the form of an athletic scholarship, however, transfers still have to sit out a year unless they are a grad transfer.

In Tuttle’s case, this year counts as his Redshirt. He’ll have to sit out next year wherever he ends up and then he will have 3 years of eligibility left.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

If that’s the case, the move is even more dumb than I thought it was. 

AgouraUte
              @agouraute

Yep – he could have likely played this year at Utah.

Puget Ute
                Ute Fan
                @pugetute

He would have played after Huntley went down. That was Whitt’s plan all along. Shelley for short term, Tuttle for longer term.  

I wish him luck when he sees the field in 2020.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

This is what I’ve been saying all along. It was so incredibly STUPID for him to leave when he did. He should have stayed. 

Then he could have battled Shelley for the starter role when Huntley went down. Imagine if Jack goes 4-0 to end the year and we are prepping for a Rose Bowl now. Then, he’d have a shot to start in 2019. And if he doesn’t win the job in spring, transfer then and still have to sit out 2019. 

BUT if he won the job, then he’d be our starter next fall and be playing in 2019. 

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

he withdrew before classes counted, not sure if he’ll have to sit a year or not

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

He doesn’t have to sit out because the classes didn’t count. He would have if he waited another week. That’s why he left when he did.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

It was my understanding that the reason he transferred when he did was so he could play next year. This year would count as red shirt and he’ll have 4 to play 4. Had he waited another week, he would have to sit out next year too.

1 4

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

How many five star guys does Indiana get every year?  Maybe Tuttle knew TT was going to leave for a total rebuild HC job at Sac St. haha 

AgouraUte
        @agouraute

Will his Dad move to Indiana?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

People really can’t take any jokes right now. 

1 2

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Indiana has a pretty dynamic offense – they spread the ball around as good as anyone in the Big10 (besides tOSU) – sounds like a good fit.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

As opposed to not transferring and playing this season and next? Ha ha. Ok. His transfer cost him playing time in 2018 and 2019. Good for him. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

The difference is that regardless of anything he does Indiana will never do anything in the B1G. Meanwhile, Utah is on a trajectory to win the PAC12. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

People who have talked to other programs have indicated that Tuttle leaving when he did has severely limited his options for finding a landing spot.  This may have been the best he could find.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rumor: Jack Tuttle to Indiana