Rumor Mill

Viewing 4 reply threads
      7 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Gary Anderson to fill the new extra assistant position in 2018…

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Hope it’s true

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Yes please. I️ love me some Gary Anderson. 

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

We could use the bump in recruiting and maybe he can help with small adjustments on defense.  Plus the more experience we can get on staff the better.  We could use an extra assistant on offense also.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I’m ok with the offense. We are fine there. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Where would be coach? No way he would come as an assistant coach, he would want to be a coordinator. He won’t be a position coach under Scalley. Do they demote Scalley and install Gary Andersen as DC? Do they try to get Scalley to find another job elsewhere, hire Gary, and then pick up another position coach? 

I am not opposed to the idea, but it has the possibility to create unnecessary chaos.

Ute1998
        Ute Fan
        @ute1998

My guess is Harding is gone at the end of the year, they hire an Oline coach that fits Taylor’s offense and bring in Gary as an assistant head coach.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

I could see that. 

Do you think they would do an assistant hc / co-dc thing with Gary in the booth? Not saying I would prefer this, but just speculating based on history. 

I think our two biggest deficiencies from being a top program are recruting and qb play. If Troy Taylor is the QB whisperer we think he is, then get Gary and keep up the recruting momentum. 

If we do not think Taylor is that guy, would we be better served getting an up and coming qg coach instead? 

1 1

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

I lost track of G Anderson. What happened to him at Wisconsin? Why did he abruptly leave?

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

IIRC he couldn’t deal with Barry Alvarez’s micromanagement all the time, an he had a hard time recruiting to the school because Wiscy doesn’t lower their academic standards for athletes as much as most other schools do (…allegedly).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.