Rumors that Utah switching from UA to Jordan

Viewing 6 reply threads

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Id be ok with a new direction, although I have been generally happy with the UA Utah gear that I have.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Anyone know if this would affect all teams or just football? Utah was one of the first all Under Armour schools in the country, and still one of the few schools that has all teams in the same brand.

On a related note, why does Under Armour have a needless “u” in their name? The company is based in Baltimore – do they wish they were British or something?

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

The founder opted to use the British spelling in the company name because the toll-free vanity number was still available for that version.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Interesting – thanks for explaining. In retrospect (i.e. we live in a society that no longer cares about vanity phone numbers), I wonder if the founder regrets that. I know I’m being totally petty here, but that extra “u” seriously ruins the brand for me. I don’t own a single UA thing except for my Utah gear and it’s 100% because of the extra “u”. It just sounds so stuck-up, pretentiously British.

Armour.
          Colour.
          Parlour.
          Neighbour.

*gag*

6 1

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

The *gag* for me is that members of our society agree to display corporate logos on their bodies uncompensated. In fact, they, themselves, pay for the opportunity to be a walking billboard, and there is some amount of pride in being able to afford to do so.

RoboUte
              Ute Fan
              @hamplate

It seems stupid, sure. But I’d be willing to bet you don’t debadge your cars. And if you own any performance models you certainly arent removing any of that badging (GT, TRD, STI, Cummins, the little demon face on the challengers, etc…) I’m sure. Same flex but with a bigger price tag right?

1 2

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

I don’t own a car or other status symbols like that. My only badges are the beer bottles and cans lining the walls of the garage in the house I rent with three roommates. That said, I was gifted a dilapidated tug boat built in 1943. It is something regarding which I have pride, undue certainly.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I’d prefer Carhartt. We’re a working class club.

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

I think that would force our hand and Bryson Barnes would have to be named Captain and Starter in that scenario.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

That would be an interesting development as AD Harlan was recently interviewed by the SLTrib about how great the relationship with UA is and how he would like to see it continue.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2023/01/17/under-armour-moves-cal-utahs-own/

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Veteran move, that’s sending a signal to other apparel companies that if they offer a deal they better come throwing heat.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Very impressive for a guy that Ute Hub has told me is completely inept at his job.  Very impressive.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Is this actually a legitimate rumor or just a comment on Twitter by one or two random pages?

5 2

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Whatever the company, we need new jerseys for the football team ASAP. Use the throwbacks from the rose bowls, replace the interlocking Us with the drum and feather, and I’d be more than happy.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

On that note I’d love to see a redesign of the Unis going into next year.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Rumors that Utah switching from UA to Jordan